Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: It's a HISTORICAL SOCIETY !

June 07, 2007 06:33PM
I really think that the problem was as simple as "a difference of vision"! Joseph Bell, Lee Behrens and the rest of the CHS heirarchy obviously had differences of opinions with Mark Greska and the GTL Inc. people. I don't know who started it and I really don't care! The result, however, was that the CHS began to look at the possibility of running the Loop without the GTL Inc.!
It is obvious to anybody with a greater IQ than a turnip that the CHS's RFP (which was to be their final offer and NOT the start of negotiations) was unworkable, unfair and designed so that GTL Inc. WOULDN'T accept it! In short, the CHS never had any intention of working with the GTL Inc. after the extra year extention on the 30 yr. contract was completed!
Okay, that's how they play ball in Georgetown! If I recall correctly, there were three companies that responded to the RFP and two of them didn't have ANY equipment while Railstar had 2' gauge but no 3' gauge rolling stock. Railstar won the "bid" but almost immediately the CHS changed nearly EVERY condition that was in the RFP!! THAT tells me that they NEVER had ANY intention of ever working with the GTL Inc. (but again, nothing new there!)
I won't go into the litany of errors, goofs, gaffs, lies, screwups, SNAFU's and FUBAR's that have been associated with this whole affair but suffice to say that these new revelations have left me shaken, saddened and somewhat depressed.
There IS a solution to this situation but it would require a group of people that have as much love for each other as the Hatfields and McCoys to get together and "bury the hatchet!"
Obviously, the situation at the Loop is critical with NO real relief likely in the forseable future. The #12 is being rushed back into service and we are supposed to be happy that there will be steam on the Loop?
I don't know what the CHS has planned other than trying to make do with what they have (which isn't much) and put a brave face on for the public. They have very few options! There are NO companies that are going to respond to a call if the CHS put one out!
The CHS has figuratively painted itself into a corner with it's deal with Railstar. Nobody will trust them now so Railstar is it! The problem is that apparently all is not well with this new partnership and the CHS is beginning to realize that running a railroad is a helluva lot harder than what they thought!
I would submit that the only way that the Loop will have a reasonable chance to be what it was three years ago (has it really only been that long?) is for the CHS to open dialogue with the GTL Inc., admit that mistakes were made and try to come to some kind of agreement that would be acceptable to both parties. I really DO think that Mark would seriously consider it. The major sticking point is the "animosity" between Bell & Behrens and Mark Greska. I don't think those two have the courage to take a good look in the mirror and realize that they couldn't do it! Someone else will have to be the one to tell them.
Mark and GTL Inc. have the rolling stock, the personell (at least I think they would) and the ability to pull this one out but it would be a big order! Ah well, wishful thinking...
Subject Author Posted

Loop Rage

Kevin June 07, 2007 12:51PM

Re: Loop Rage

Herb Kelsey June 07, 2007 12:56PM

Darren June 07, 2007 01:35PM

Re: Short Memory?

Fred T June 07, 2007 01:49PM

eldrwy June 07, 2007 02:24PM

Chris Webster June 07, 2007 02:44PM

Darren June 07, 2007 02:59PM

The endless Loop

Festus June 07, 2007 05:45PM

Herb Kelsey June 07, 2007 04:59PM

We're not Paris Hilton

Charlie McCandless June 08, 2007 07:06AM

It's a HISTORICAL SOCIETY !

Robert June 07, 2007 03:23PM

Herb Kelsey June 07, 2007 05:04PM

Steve Stockham June 07, 2007 06:33PM

Fritz Klinke June 07, 2007 05:43PM

John Cole June 07, 2007 05:58PM

Richard Boulware June 08, 2007 07:49AM

David June 07, 2007 09:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login