Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Loop Rage

Darren
June 07, 2007 01:35PM
I personally think that most people here are anti CHS and no matter what happens with the Loop in the next 5 years they will still be anti CHS. I think that no matter how much stuff Railstar and CHS has done wrong they will never do anything right in most people on the board's eyes. What it all boils down to is that it is a no win situation for anyone that steps foot into Georgetown to run that railroad unless it is GLRR Inc. Therefore everyone is waiting for something wrong to happen with everrything that Railstar and CHS does. Granted CHS and Railstar have not helped themselves out much with all of the issues that are plauging them right now, but none the less they will never do anything right.
The biggest example from this year that has been bugging me the most is that when Diesel 21 derailed last year there were articles in the local paper saying how it was such a catastophe and people on this board were and still are bringing up that derailment and saying how unsafe and how screwed up the managment was to allow something as big as a derailment happen. BUT, last week on this very same board with the very same people it was posted that the Cumbres had a derailment and the only thing that people could say was how great the crew handled it and how fast the train wsa going again. Why is it that a derailment on the Loop calls for the immediate termination of a contract and the removal of CHS, but a derailment on the C&T call for a celebration and awards to everyone involved.
I know that there are a hell of a lot more problems with the loop than there are at other tourist railways in the US, but it seems that on this board the only railrod in the world that ever does something wrong is the Georgetwon Loop. I have never been affiliated with either company that ran the Loop nor do I have any affiliation with CHS, therefore I am trying to stay as nuetral as possible which is why I see that it seems that the rage in these posts are starting to have little to do with the railroad itself and more to do with the little battles and personal vendettas that people have with CHS.
Subject Author Posted

Loop Rage

Kevin June 07, 2007 12:51PM

Herb Kelsey June 07, 2007 12:56PM

Darren June 07, 2007 01:35PM

Re: Short Memory?

Fred T June 07, 2007 01:49PM

eldrwy June 07, 2007 02:24PM

Chris Webster June 07, 2007 02:44PM

Darren June 07, 2007 02:59PM

The endless Loop

Festus June 07, 2007 05:45PM

Herb Kelsey June 07, 2007 04:59PM

We're not Paris Hilton

Charlie McCandless June 08, 2007 07:06AM

It's a HISTORICAL SOCIETY !

Robert June 07, 2007 03:23PM

Re: It's a HISTORICAL SOCIETY !

Herb Kelsey June 07, 2007 05:04PM

Steve Stockham June 07, 2007 06:33PM

Fritz Klinke June 07, 2007 05:43PM

John Cole June 07, 2007 05:58PM

Richard Boulware June 08, 2007 07:49AM

David June 07, 2007 09:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login