Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Georgetown Loop, Now this:

September 10, 2007 09:38AM
Well, here we go again. Sure there is big mess with the Loop situation but I would like to set a few things straight. Everyone knows by now that Jason sent the “email” with the horrible conditions at the Loop and with Railstar management view point. I take exception to this because at the time I was Jason immediate supervisor, and a lot of his comments were aimed at me. I have no problem with employees wanting things to be safe, especially if they feel they are not. However, most people do not realize that while employed at the Loop by Railstar, Jason’s job was to be an engineer, fireman, conductor AND to troubleshoot problems with the cars and then help facilitate the repairs. At no time did we ever hamper his attempts to repair cars nor at anytime did we refuse to take a car out of service that he felt was unsafe. As a matter of fact, Jason did a great job at keeping those crappy old cars running! Jason had a free hand when it came to the maintenance of those cars without second guessing from Railstar management or me!

No.9- I would be interested to know which engineman refused to go down the hill….I don’t remember any one of our guys refusing to do that, do to the engine being unsafe. As a matter of fact, Jason was the one employee that was most eager to operate the engine. It is a fact that after running the engine, Jason was the one to whom nick-named the engine “Satan”, but still he was also eager to run or fire the thing when ever he could. Did the engine have a lot of issues….you bet…but those issues were not the result of anything Railstar did.

I don’t feel too bad about Jason’s “email” venting his opinions and concerns, it just seems odd that if it was so bad and unsafe working for Railstar, on equipment that he, and others, have claimed to be “unsafe”, then why did he continue his association with Railstar for two years? Presently there are Railstar employees working at the Loop that have been very vocal about how unsafe Railstar, management, equipment, etc. is. If it is so bad, why do these disgruntled people take the money, continue to show up and then bad mouth Railstar? It’s a bit hypocritical….right?

Did I, as the Operations Manager, do everything right, no. No one is perfect. Did I try to make the best decisions that I felt we right in regards to the safety of the passengers, crew,physical plant and Railstar....yes. No matter what those guys may have to say about Torrico, I know I tried to do my best for them when it came to dealing with upper management on behalf of the crew.
Subject Author Posted

Georgetown Loop, Now this:

Rick Steele September 10, 2007 08:36AM

Robin Warren September 10, 2007 08:54AM

Rick Steele September 10, 2007 08:57AM

Tim Schreiner September 10, 2007 09:00AM

Steven Torrico September 10, 2007 09:38AM

Rick Steele September 11, 2007 08:08AM

dan September 11, 2007 11:29AM

HOD Bill September 11, 2007 01:52PM

Rick Steele September 11, 2007 02:40PM

dan September 11, 2007 04:04PM

Eric Bolton September 11, 2007 04:48PM

Rick Steele September 12, 2007 09:09AM

dan September 12, 2007 12:35PM

HOD Bill September 11, 2007 05:56PM

Ryan Shofner September 11, 2007 03:40PM

Ryan Shofner September 11, 2007 03:39PM

Darren September 11, 2007 05:09PM

Tim Schreiner September 11, 2007 05:39PM

Eric Bolton September 11, 2007 05:58PM

Darren September 11, 2007 09:02PM

Steven Torrico September 12, 2007 08:34AM

Rick Steele September 12, 2007 09:44AM

Jason Midyette September 12, 2007 02:16PM

Rick Steele September 13, 2007 08:44AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login