Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The goal (my opinion)

September 17, 2005 12:56PM
My feeling is that you have to start somewhere, and its usually at the bottom with these things.
In some respects I don't like the fact that the original monies were used for something else. Instead of a nice little nestegg start, its got to all start over again.
Any money I put into this thing through whatever function HAS TO GO TO A 483 fund ONLY, or I will not be part of it. I don't mind the FRIENDS holding the money, but put it into a separate savings account or someplace it can earn a little interest. If it gets used for something else, then I will never support anything like this again. I do have faith in the Friends as a group to handle it correctly though.
As for goals, I think its best to not try to set the bar too high for such a modest start. Maybe someone in Chama can put a sign on the 483 someplace for viewers to see, that points them to where they can contribute to its restoration. That might be a very good way to raise some money as well.
On my videos, I would prefer that the checks be made out to us, since most are Credit Cards, and I can send one payment to the FRIENDS after a certain period goes by. I can't do anything with checks for the FOCTS except hold them for a undetermined length of time. Some banks won't cash checks after 30 days! As I said most folks use CC anyway.
For the record, to date we have sold over $2K on these autographs, going back a few years.
I wonder if we could raise say $10K, that we could get matching funds from someone(state or federal?)
It will be an uphill fight considering all that 483 will need. Might be a pipedream, but as I said you have to start somewhere.
Greg
Subject Author Posted

Save The 483 ( A Speech *PIC*

roger hogan September 17, 2005 10:21AM

Re: Save The 483 ( A Speech

Daniel Maxwell September 17, 2005 11:28AM

The goal (my opinion)

roger hogan September 17, 2005 11:49AM

John West September 17, 2005 12:40PM

Greg Scholl September 17, 2005 12:56PM

Agree and disagree *PIC*

roger hogan September 17, 2005 02:19PM

Re: Agree and disagree *PIC*

Russ Sperry September 17, 2005 07:45PM

Re: Agree and disagree

Tom Peterman September 18, 2005 07:25AM

Re: Agree and disagree

John Kyler September 18, 2005 08:47AM

Re: 483 Fund is separate from Another Century fund

Russ Sperry September 18, 2005 11:10AM

Re: 483 Fund is separate from Another Century fund

earl September 18, 2005 08:36PM

Friends Established Funds *LINK*

roger hogan September 18, 2005 11:26AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.