Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Antonito

July 17, 2005 07:24PM
Not having been to Antonito since 1951 when I was VERY young and never having been to Chama maybe I'm not the best to comment but what the heck.
I think Antonito is important and I think the C & TS folks realize that as the railroad would function best with two thriving communities. Here are what I see as some hopeful signs: the railro0ad gives a $5 fare discount if you start in Antonito, full use of the new Car Restoration Facility might bring in some people, more specials like the private car special that came to town with four private rail cars recently, upgrade the shop facility and let them do much of the restoration of 463 when some money becomes available. There are probably many other things that could be done.
Maybe they could give an additional small fare rakeoff for people who make two trips and stay over night at least one night in each town. That's what I'm doing in early September and that will give me an evening in Antonito even though most people don't think there is much to do there I am going to try.
I have a couple of other thoughts about trackage that I think would make the whole area more interesting and historically accurate but I want to see the area first up close when I am there.
Subject Author Posted

Antonito

T. Bones July 17, 2005 05:42PM

John Sporseen July 17, 2005 07:24PM

Philip Walters July 18, 2005 08:41AM

Matthew July 17, 2005 10:09PM

Yosemite Sam July 18, 2005 07:43AM

Jim Adams July 18, 2005 10:22AM

Antonito

Bill Kepner July 18, 2005 10:32AM

tom casper July 18, 2005 03:39PM

Antonito Tours & Information

roger hogan July 18, 2005 05:50PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.