Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Coloradoans are OK

Mark Valerius
August 18, 2004 10:33AM
Dave,
There ARE many good people in Colorado. I know a number of them. Some are native (including close relatives) and some are not native. Colorado, at least the Front Range and Eastern inter-mountain areas, is simply suffering from overpopulation and over building. Too many people like to be in or near paradise and there is not enough space to go around, especially when a lot of it is vertical or nearly so.
I won't bash any particular non-Colorado area for contributing to the 'problem' as people from all over have settled there. I probably know as many folks who have moved out of Colorado as have moved into the state. With the mobility of @#$%&'s, politicians and other 'forward' thinkers, there will be no havens any where in this country from lunacy in the very near future, Colorado or elsewhere. Long insulated from the big-city woes like gangs, rampant drug-trafficking, etc. even eastern Iowa is becoming an extended suburb of Chicago and St. Louis. So it isn't just happening in Colorado.
Long gone is the laid back, friendly, western atmosphere that used to make Colorado's Front Range area a pleasure to visit. Multitudes of us tourists and an influx of new residents from elsewhere have denigrated and changed the cultural fabric. Certainly the negative elements are in the minority, but the shear numbers moving there puts the negative folks in the spotlight. I, like Rick, expressed relief at not presently being a resident of Colorado. That in itself should not be taken as a slap in the face to ALL Coloradoans, unless of course, you agree with Mr. Berhens and co. which I am sure you do not. Please don't take personal offense if I say I am glad that I don't live there. Actually I may be doing the problem a (very) small favor by not adding numerically to it.
I am not speaking for Rick Steele here, just offering some thoughts on my own comment earlier in this thread.
Subject Author Posted

A visit to the Loop and a few observations

Rick Steele August 17, 2004 09:20PM

Re: Avisit to the Loop and a few observations

South Park August 17, 2004 10:33PM

Wooly August 18, 2004 05:46AM

John Craft August 18, 2004 06:52AM

Re: A visit to the Loop and a few observations

Don Richter August 18, 2004 08:13AM

Olaf the Red August 18, 2004 09:53AM

Mark Valerius August 18, 2004 09:27AM

Wooly August 18, 2004 10:02AM

Dave Bates August 18, 2004 09:55AM

Coloradoans are OK

Mark Valerius August 18, 2004 10:33AM

Belittling Coloradans?

Ron Rudnick August 18, 2004 11:43AM

2005 -vs- 2004

Rudnick August 18, 2004 11:54AM

Belittling Coloradoans?

Rick Steele August 18, 2004 05:55PM

Re: Belittling Coloradoans?

Dave Bates August 18, 2004 08:07PM

South Park August 18, 2004 08:47PM

Rick Steele August 18, 2004 10:50PM

Re: Belittling Coloradans? - PS

Rick Steele August 18, 2004 10:51PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.