Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Preaching to The Choir

March 22, 2003 11:07AM
About once a year, some guy comes down the pike with all these really NEAT ideas, most of which involve MONEY, most of which have been discussed ad nauseam. Yes, I agree with you. We NEED this stuff. What ELSE is new?
What I do NOT agree with, is your insistence on grinding your axe here, and your insinuation that without your brilliant prodding the Commission is not going to do thier job.
You said:
"All I asked for was a real long term plan that described what the Commission intends to do to put things right."
I think I TOLD you, that such planning is in the works, but I HOPE I also told you that the Commission does not OWE it to you, to hand you a plan just because YOU want it NOW.
I'm sorry if you are offended, but what you are engaged in IS "ARM-CHAIR QUARTERBACKING".
In my reply to your first post on this subject, I suggested that you take your concerns to the Commission. If you attempted to get your questions answered at the source of the information, this thread would have been unneccesary.
If you feel the need to continue to address them here, I'm afraid you are also "Grandstanding".
You said:
"Earl and John Coker have shown their "railfan"-ish heritage, Greg Scholl got it from his Dad and an old camera. I'm pretty sure that most of the commissioners, John Craft, John West, Teresa Shaw, Howard Bunte, etc. got involved for the same reasons."
FYI: Craft, West and Shaw are not involved in the management of the railroad. Where have YOU been? Neither for that matter, are any other of the names you mentioned.
Perhaps the most positive change that has been made in very recent history is that 'railfans' are NOT going to run the railroad. THAT got us into a lot of trouble. I can assure you that NONE of the Commisioners were 'railfans first'.
You quoted me:
"In all of the ranting and pontificating on the subject of "What The CTSRR Needs", I have yet to read an idea that I didn't hear three-four years ago. Many good minds seem to be in basic agreement on many things that need to happen, but we have yet to see anything approximating a PLAN!."
Yes, but I was NOT referring to the planning that I KNOW is going on within the Commission and current shop management. The Commission does not owe ME a look at their plans, any more than they owe it to YOU. I'm sure we will all see them at the appropriate time.
I was referring to your beloved Friends of THe Cumbres and Toltec, who, after three long years, have yet to produce ANY plan.
BTW: You can't stay in "Kim's Motel" anymore. She doesn't own it anymore.
Subject Author Posted

C&TS Shop

C.H.Irvin March 21, 2003 04:09PM

Re: Thanks, Charlie *PIC*

Jay Wimer March 21, 2003 04:28PM

Re: C&TS Shop

Fred T March 21, 2003 04:51PM

Dave Bates March 21, 2003 07:25PM

C.H.Irvin March 21, 2003 07:54PM

Frank Stapleton March 21, 2003 08:19PM

Mark Yeamans March 22, 2003 02:32AM

Jay Wimer March 22, 2003 05:34AM

A Businessman's Response to Mark

Bob Keller March 22, 2003 07:22AM

Re: A Businessman's Response to Mark

C.H.Irvin March 22, 2003 10:06AM

Re: A Businessman's Response to Mark

Tom Stewart March 22, 2003 10:33AM

Re: Preaching to The Choir

Jay Wimer March 22, 2003 11:07AM

Re: Another Businessman's Response to Mark

MJ March 22, 2003 09:21PM

Well said! *NM*

Martin Dickson March 23, 2003 05:15AM

stephen March 22, 2003 04:23PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.