Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A Businessman's Response to Mark

C.H.Irvin
March 22, 2003 10:06AM
Good Morning!
Now Bob, old CI was not trashing anyone, I respect everyones thoughts, Lord knows the railroad needs inputs that are progressive not the same old tired fixs. Anyone who has been around the railroad the past couple of years would see how things have been going, as in, we cant put up outside lights, not historic, try to build a car shop for Friends and the railroad to work out of, we cant do that, it was not here 75 years ago! Try to plan a car shop, heck it must have boy and girl bathrooms, must be avail. to all as in WC ramps, etc. All that is needed is a work place out of the Sun/Rain/Wind. A pole barn just turned into a 2 mil. structure! From my point of view this just about stops progress, doesnt generate a climate for input of new ideas, etc. You know the old, we have always done it that way, dont rock the boat, etc. Bob, over the years folks have made inputs to the hi Lamas how to save money, how to make the operation better, all fell on deaf ears! We always do it this way!!!
Jay and others have stated the railroad is in the mess its in mainly due to very poor planning. Yep, however this is past history, last years news. I suspect there is enough blame to go around! What we do now is hope lessons have been learned, we all pull togeather and re-rack the balls and start a new game/season! Pool guys!
I wish to thank Kim Flowers, she has made many positive changes even with the lousy cards she has to play with. The overall moral is the best it has been in years. The shop has been getting much needed materials to work with! Progress, one step at a time!
Yes, it would be nice to have better shop areas, we are out of space, better machine tools, etc. Look on the other side though, the shop has a wheel lathe now, they can service wheel sets, if the machine was not here I doubt we would have gotten one engine out! This work was done by the D&S in the past, they are not taking outside work this year. Oh yes, Ed got the machine but no tools, so tools had to be mfg. befor even using the lathe, and so it goes!
I suggest all you in siber space look at Jays pictures, they are the best way to gauge just what the shop is about not what is posted on some net thread someplace!
Hope this doesnt seem like a soap box, it is the truth as I see it, one mans opinion just as all other posts are.
C.H.Irvin, Chama N.M.
Subject Author Posted

C&TS Shop

C.H.Irvin March 21, 2003 04:09PM

Re: Thanks, Charlie *PIC*

Jay Wimer March 21, 2003 04:28PM

Re: C&TS Shop

Fred T March 21, 2003 04:51PM

Dave Bates March 21, 2003 07:25PM

C.H.Irvin March 21, 2003 07:54PM

Frank Stapleton March 21, 2003 08:19PM

Mark Yeamans March 22, 2003 02:32AM

Jay Wimer March 22, 2003 05:34AM

A Businessman's Response to Mark

Bob Keller March 22, 2003 07:22AM

C.H.Irvin March 22, 2003 10:06AM

Tom Stewart March 22, 2003 10:33AM

Re: Preaching to The Choir

Jay Wimer March 22, 2003 11:07AM

Re: Another Businessman's Response to Mark

MJ March 22, 2003 09:21PM

Well said! *NM*

Martin Dickson March 23, 2003 05:15AM

stephen March 22, 2003 04:23PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.