Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Reasons to Attend the C&TS 40th Anniversary Even if Lobato is still out!

July 04, 2010 04:48PM
Hi guys...
This has made me feel all warm and fuzzy spinning smiley sticking its tongue out.
I understand and apreciate what you are saying in just support the RR, and thats fine. This would be my 5th trip to the RR - no mean feat from Australia, so the RR has and will continue to have my support. Ours is a multi national group, with a lot of $$ committed to getting there - put yourselves in our shoes. Would you be happy spending thousands and spending a 36 hours in a plane and on the road without knowing whether where you are heading will be operating to anything like the program you have committed to? Nobody is blaming the RR - these things happen, but what needs to happen is updated info re the 40th needs to be released. That way people can make their own decisions and not cancel because of uncertanty. (we are likely to in the next couple of weeks if nothing has been resolved - just not prepared to take the risk) We are due to be in Chama for a week - I am sure the accommodation and food providers dont need our cancellations. We have signed up for the Saturday pick up freight - this can not occur unless the bridge is reopened - all of the freight rolling stock is in Chama and I cant see them roading 1 freight car at a time to Cumbres. This leaves a passenger train with that ridiculous painted loco (one thing we would be unhappy with if it didnt eventuate).

Communication of late has been great with Roger now guiding the RR in that area. It just needs to continue with relevance

Happy 4th to those there (I managed to spend one 4th in the US back in 1995 - a great time)

smileys with beer from down under

Grant
Subject Author Posted

Reasons to Attend the C&TS 40th Anniversary Even if Lobato is still out!

Chris Webster July 02, 2010 04:07PM

Will Gant July 02, 2010 05:59PM

AndyA July 02, 2010 07:08PM

Re: If a photo is worth 1000 reasons ... Attachments

Russo Loco July 02, 2010 07:56PM

Re: If a photo is worth 1000 reasons ...

AndyA July 02, 2010 09:59PM

Re: Reasons to Attend the C&TS 40th B.D. Even if Lobato Trestle is still OOS!

Russo Loco July 02, 2010 07:03PM

Merl July 03, 2010 11:04AM

Rich Murray July 03, 2010 01:03PM

ozinoz July 04, 2010 04:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login