Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Georgetown Loop Lease Option

September 08, 2007 05:32PM avatar
Is it possible that the current contract does not allow for any competitors to operate as vendor? Isn't that something like anti-trust? I'm no lawyer and definately not any kind of expert on this, however, it sure sounds like there would be a huge conflict of interest to have to competing companies performing the same job. I imagine that Railstar would have been able to sue for breach of contract.

I do not believe the CHS wishes for the railroad to fail but I do believe they did jump in without knowing what they were getting into. It's nice they have been trying to get some historic motive power rebuilt that probably would have never had the chance but with the shortage of operable motive power at the loop has really hurt them. They really should, this winter, redouble their efforts to get all motive power up and running and to address the breakdown issue. I believe breakdowns are more harmful to the reputation of a railroad than shutting down - you have the issue of rescueing stranded passengers.

Just my thoughts on the issue. That and a buck-fifty might get you a cup of coffee.
Subject Author Posted

Georgetown Loop Lease Option

MarkG September 07, 2007 06:20PM

Roger Hogan September 07, 2007 06:48PM

MarkG September 07, 2007 08:47PM

michael September 07, 2007 10:18PM

Chris Webster September 08, 2007 11:57AM

Roger Hogan September 08, 2007 12:26PM

Another approach

Roger Hogan September 08, 2007 03:37PM

Robert Herronen September 08, 2007 05:32PM

locoboilerguy September 09, 2007 09:35AM

KAM September 09, 2007 11:38AM

A Possible Explanation: Being the Devil's Advocate

Steve Stockham September 09, 2007 08:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login