Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: C&TS parlor cars

rod
August 19, 2007 09:15PM
Bill:

We had this discussion about the Friends coming up with a plan for passenger car restoration(s) over a year ago (April 2006). I think you are probably one of the most qualified now to speak about what passenger car restorations will require in terms of resources for the Friends based on your experience with #0579. I think it is unfair to ask people to help when there is no plan that I can see that has been developed. If there is a master plan please point us in the direction so that we can begin to understand what is required to restore the passenger cars in the fleet.

I do understand that until the Antonito CRF was completed undertaking a passenger car restoration was beyond the Friends capability. I also understand a second CRF in Chama is part of the Friends long term plans. What I want to see is a realistic plan for which historic equipment is to be restored, what will be the schedule and priority of work, and most importantly in my mind do the Friends have the financial and human resources to get the job done with volunteers in the years ahead. I just don’t understand how the Friends can maintain the 175 car historic fleet (plus doing work to revenue equipment that the operator should be doing) by using volunteers working on site for 6 weeks of each year. It just doesn’t add up when you calculate the man hours required to restore all this stuff with the resources at hand.

Rod
Subject Author Posted

C&TS parlor cars Attachments

rod August 18, 2007 06:10PM

drgw0579 August 18, 2007 07:53PM

rod August 19, 2007 09:15PM

drgw0579 August 20, 2007 09:32AM

michael August 18, 2007 08:43PM

michael August 19, 2007 09:24PM

rod August 19, 2007 09:36PM

geode August 20, 2007 12:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login