Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: "steve" = "Steven"?

September 29, 2006 07:18AM
I agree with Stanley L.
I do want to state that the views and opinions of yours truly are not those of Railstar's or CHS...I do not speak for them. I am from the east, and last year I stepped into a big mess. For the record, I have great respect and admiration for Lindsy and Rosa and thier accomplishments....more important, I have great respect for the personal sacrifice they made in thier lives for building this operation...and no matter if you like them or not...CHS did help out a little bit along the way.
So, I did let my pride for the company I work for and my respect for CHS...to whom Railstar works for, get the best of me with the posting that started all this. If I was trying slam anyone it would be Megan Murphy and her paper for thier constant negative spin on storys related to the Loop, post GTL, INc. Need I remind anyone of opening day last year...on the opening day (2005) the Clear Creek Currant ran a full page cover story on GTL, INc. and how they were "kicked out" and on top of that GTL, Inc. paid for and ran a full page advert...."the loop is closing forever"...etc. Bad feelings or not...I would be glad if someone can tell me how those actions are not shameful and backhanded. Again...I am deeply respectful of the buisness savy, knowlege and talent that are hallmarks in the career's of Lindsy and Rosa.
In my opinion....everytime I hear how GTL, Inc. was "kicked out" by CHS, etc., all I can say is WHY DON'T SOME OF YOU PEOPLE GET IT...GTL, Inc. made a straight forward, planned business decission to NOT continue operating the Loop. As in any business, they evaluated the new contract proposed by CHS, GTL Inc. considered some aspects "non-negotiable" and they choose to not negotiate and they made the decission that operating the Loop would no longer be financially attractive to continue investing thier time, effort and money and THEY choose to walk away...come on folks....it takes two to make a deal work or not...it is very clear, to an outsider, niether party was interested in a continued business arrangement...In my opinion, GTL, Inc. were NOT victims...they were just smart business people and made a decission that was best for thier company.
I have not been there, but by all accounts, from Railstar employees that have been to the Royal Gorge....GTL, Inc. has a fantastic, premier operation! And I am certain that the Royal Gorge operation is bringing thier company far greater financial rewards then they could have ever realized from operating the Loop....I say BRAVO! I understand and appreciate all of the emotional feelings in regards to this Loop thing....however, lets be realistic...there is only ONE reason for a "For-Profit" company to be in business....NO MAKE PROFITS!....it is the American way.
I have heard such great reports on the Royal Gorge operation and especially the food and service on thier dinner train..we here at Railstar always urge people to go down there and ride...I hope some day I can visit the Royal Gorge operation.
I do know I can speak for Railstar when I say that we have great respect for what Lindsy and Rosa gave of thier lives to build this operation....I hope someday they will feel comfortable enough to come and take a ride behind No.9....they are always VERY welcome and we would always consider them to be the ultimate in V.I.P's
Well folks, ( I hope I don't called on the carpet too much for voicing my opinion here) I do have respect and admiration for all of you that have far greater knowlege of Colorado railroading history than myself. I am learning and the passion is growing. Flamming or not...you folks here on this forum are ALWAYS welcome. (heck, it would be fun to have a NG Discussion Forum weekend here at the Loop). I will always appreciate your emails and suggestions on how we (Railstar) can make this a better and MORE AUTHENTIC C&S recreation operation...I do speak for Railstar when I say that history is a passion shared by all of us here.
To Lindsy and Rosa....God Bless you for your hard work and passion, we would be hard pressed to find two others that have given so much. I am most grateful to have this opportunity. I, we, Railstar, will always work hard to try and live up to the standards that you set for this operation!
Regards to All,
Steven Torrico
Operations Manager-GLRR
Subject Author Posted

Expert needed

Meghan Murphy September 22, 2006 11:13AM

Re: Expert needed

Steven Torrico September 22, 2006 03:31PM

Charlie McCandless September 27, 2006 08:53PM

John Bush September 28, 2006 10:05AM

steve torrico September 28, 2006 10:12AM

Ted Krumreich September 28, 2006 12:59PM

steve torrico September 28, 2006 05:49PM

Re: Expert NOT needed.

Richard "Bo" Boulware September 28, 2006 08:06PM

Well said, Bo! *NM*

Ed Stabler September 28, 2006 09:47PM

DITTOS!! *NM*

Steve Stockham September 29, 2006 07:48AM

Ted Krumreich September 28, 2006 08:24PM

Well said, Ted. *NM*

Skip Luke September 30, 2006 04:54PM

Stanley L September 29, 2006 01:51AM

Steve Stockham September 29, 2006 08:32AM

Richard "Bo" Boulware September 29, 2006 11:32AM

Re: Expert needed *PIC*

Chris Webster September 28, 2006 03:08PM

Charlie McCandless September 28, 2006 03:58PM

"steve" = "Steven"?

Jim Poston September 29, 2006 04:51AM

steve torrico September 29, 2006 07:18AM

Ted Krumreich September 29, 2006 07:38AM

I Stand Corrected

Jim Poston September 29, 2006 08:49AM

Dick Zellerbach September 29, 2006 04:59PM

steve torrico September 29, 2006 05:39PM

John Hammond September 29, 2006 08:00PM

steve torrico September 29, 2006 08:06PM

Ron Ruhoff October 01, 2006 07:19PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.