Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Bad News from Gov. Owens

March 11, 2006 07:18PM
I don't want to start a flame-war, just inquire if NGDF posters turned out to be right. Let me quote three paragraphs:
While the actual funding for the railroad was in HB1216, the authority to spend the money on the railroad was included in a different supplemental bill, one for higher education that the governor signed on Wednesday. Funding for the railroad was in that bill because it comes under the auspices of the State Historical Society, which is overseen by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education.
Henry Sobanet, director of the governor's Office of State Planning & Budgeting, said there's plenty of leftover cash for the current fiscal year that the JBC has not yet appropriated, something JBC staff director John Ziegler disputes.
All of the money the state has and expects to earn this year has already been earmarked for something else, he said.

If I understand this correctly, (1) the money for the C&TS was supposed to come out of the State Historical Society's pot of money and (2) the State Historical Society's pot of money is already spent.
First question: Did I understand those paragraphs correctly?
Second question: Is the "State Historical Society" the CHS?
Third question: Is the amount spent by Colorado on the Loop more than was supposed to be spent by Colorado on the C&TS?
Fourth question: Could the scuttlebut on here have actually turned out to be correct? I certainly hope not since, if the scuttlebut turns out to be correct, then Satan's going to be looking to borrow an unused C&TS locomotive since he's freezing down there...
--
Chris Webster
[www.speakeasy.org]
Subject Author Posted

Bad News from Gov. Owens *LINK*

The Linkman March 11, 2006 10:46AM

Shane Schabow March 11, 2006 01:19PM

Chris Webster March 11, 2006 07:18PM

tom casper March 11, 2006 07:29PM

Re: CO Historical Society = CHS *NM*

Rod Jensen March 11, 2006 07:43PM

R U sure?

tom casper March 11, 2006 08:01PM

Re: R U sure? *LINK*

Rod Jensen March 11, 2006 08:36PM

Rod Jensen March 11, 2006 07:54PM

Re: Bad News - Good News

Ken in Buena Vista March 11, 2006 07:35PM

The Ophir Gopher March 12, 2006 08:34PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.