Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nevada County NG

Eugene
February 21, 2005 05:14PM
Got a change to drop in on the NCNG Museum on Saturday for a bit. Very impressive! Nice interpretive displays, #5 and the boxcar I looked at are very well done, especially the boxcar! Can't wait to see the Heisler running and the other cars restored.
While poking around the Empire Mine on Sunday, I was surprised to see a very old metal RR Crossing sign at the east side of the property, very near the winch house. Was this the NCNG ROW?
This led me to another thought. I know that there is movement to create a trail on as much of the ROW between Nevada City and Grass Valley as possible. Would it be possible to connect the Museum trackage to the original ROW and rebuild as far as the Empire Mine? To me, it seem that this would be an outstanding restoration of railroading in context and a great chance for synergy between the Empire Mine park and the NCNG Museum.
I imagine you would have to bypass the "loop" into Grass Valley, but judging by the maps I've seen, I'm inclined to think it could be possible, or at least worth exploration.
Anyone else looked at this or something similar? Just curious.
Eugene
Subject Author Posted

Nevada County NG

Eugene February 21, 2005 05:14PM

Re: Nevada County NG

Ray Cadd February 21, 2005 05:58PM

Andrew Brandon February 21, 2005 06:12PM

Eugene February 21, 2005 06:44PM

Ted Miles February 21, 2005 10:02PM

Ed Kelley February 22, 2005 04:31PM

Daniel Maxwell February 22, 2005 05:29PM

Andrew Brandon February 22, 2005 05:46PM

Ed Kelley February 22, 2005 10:16PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.