Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: NNG But Related: Rail-YouTubers, adapt to COPPA

January 23, 2020 03:49PM
Joe, as another train YouTuber and the D&RGW Narrow Gauge being my most popular videos, I have not had any issues. I have 1,225 subscribers and thus, I am making some money. I set ALL my videos as not made for kids, and nothing has been overwritten by YouTube. After watching YouTube's own videos, I have determined that railroading videos of full scale steam should not be made for kids as YouTube said made for kids is directly targeting kids and you are making you videos for kids as your priority. Even if you have things that kids like like railroading, that doesn't mean it's made for kids. Jerry likely set his video for kids. Some of his videos are, and some are not. Plus, this is not to offend anyone or myself included, we are not big enough creators to be sued. They are looking for people specifically trying to choose the opposite rating, and they want the money. The fine is based off of your earnings on YouTube. I barely have made enough to receive a paycheck from YouTube and the fine is a percentage of it. Let's say you have made $100, the fine is a small percentage, so I couldn't be sued $42,500. Last I checked, not recent, Jerry and Roger are not yet at 1,000 subscribers, so they are not eligible to make money yet, Jerry and Roger, if you read this, I am not trying to insult you, I love both of your content, I am just helping answer his question smiling smiley In conclusion, I don't think this will affect us creators as much as people think it will, and for now there is nothing to worry about. Here is a link to my channel. Check it out if you want to see how my comments above relate to the videos I make if you would like. [www.youtube.com]
Subject Author Posted

NNG But Related: Rail-YouTubers, adapt to COPPA Attachments

Joe Weigman January 23, 2020 02:40PM

Roger Hogan January 23, 2020 03:12PM

Mark MPT January 23, 2020 03:49PM

Greg Scholl January 23, 2020 06:54PM

James January 23, 2020 07:17PM

Roger Hogan January 23, 2020 07:40PM

destroying America's kids

hank January 24, 2020 10:46AM

Re: (ot question)

James January 24, 2020 11:20AM

D&RGW 223 January 24, 2020 01:34PM

jonaths January 25, 2020 12:53AM

Re: O-K, Boomer . . .

Johnson Barr January 25, 2020 01:28PM

Generations, an OT rant

hank January 25, 2020 11:28AM

Re: Generations, an OT rant

James January 25, 2020 12:29PM

EBTfan15 January 25, 2020 07:59AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login