Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: C&TS added ridership plan for one engine

March 24, 2003 06:13PM
Somehow I think there is a leak in this ship somewhere. If the crews come in at 5:30 for the 6:30 train then they will be bumping upon the 12 hour rule almost every day they make an east bound trip, and if they are a Chama crew they will surely be over because of the 1 hr plus trip back to Chama. I think a better solution would be a 3 car Pineapple extra one the days when the extra seats are needed although it would interfeer with the shop work as I assume someone from the shop would have to run the pineapple. I would suspect they would or will add two extra days before they go to any other scheme.
You haven't really looked at what happens when there are two engines available. Is it better to run one each way each day or run every other day and dubble up the hill from Chama on the chama days. That gives a little emergency capability.Under this plan we could also operate a Cumbres turn on the Antonito turn days and sell the short trip that way. It would go like this
Monday off:
Tuesday: Chama to Antonito (can double head the hill)
Wednesday: Antonito to Chama, and short trip from Chama to Cumbres and Return (Picnic lunch at Cumbres)
Thursday: Repeat Tuesday
Friday: Repeat Wednesday
Saturday: Repeat Tuesday
Sunday: Repeat Wednesday
Not perfect but It should generate more revenue with less risk.
Frank
Subject Author Posted

C&TS added ridership

Greg Scholl March 19, 2003 11:21AM

Re: C&TS added ridership

PRR March 21, 2003 04:29PM

Frank Martindell March 23, 2003 01:21PM

PRSL March 23, 2003 02:34PM

Greg Scholl March 23, 2003 08:23PM

PRSL March 24, 2003 08:52AM

Frank Martindell March 24, 2003 06:13PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.