Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: "Save Time & Money By Avoiding Bedlam & Confusion" ... eye popping smiley

November 13, 2012 03:00PM
A great set of pics Russ at an unusual angle (and one that I didnt get) Thanks for posting

To be honest I think there has been a lot of un-necessary negativity towards Bernd's / Petes efforts in regards to this trip, fron many different quarters. I did the full 8 day trip, bus and all and yes, there were some issues and yes, there are some things I would change given the opportunity, but certainly nothing like I have experienced on other trips over 25 years.

The biggest issue for me was communication, both between the 2 operators and the operators and participants. The first time we heard about car-pooling was by chance during the trip - it wasnt broached with any of the Europeans particularly as they/we had paid for the bus / train and I guess it was assumed we wouldnt want to lineside. I would have given the opportunity. There were issues over artistic licence in regards of photo-lines and to be honest, by the end I was tired of "train in the landscape" European style. Yes we also dicked about too long to get certain shots - 2 hours to do 3 run buys on the Highline at Rockwood meant Pete had to forgo locations he particularly wanted and hours spend sitting on your butt in a field while the loco had to run off for servicing also seemed a waste. On the other hand, having to deal with 3 management administrations within the C&TS, it is a tribute to the determination of Bernd that it managed to go run at all and the obvious success has created an opportunity for future events. All in all, it was a great trip (from a foreigners perspective) and I might even try and get back for next years.

My 2c from Down Under...

Grant B
Subject Author Posted

Chaos at Cumbres on 10/23 ... eye popping smiley Attachments

Russo Loco November 12, 2012 09:54PM

Re: Chaos at Cumbres (2) ... eye popping smiley Attachments

Russo Loco November 12, 2012 09:54PM

Re: "Save Time & Money By Avoiding Bedlam & Confusion" ... (2)

Rich Murray November 13, 2012 05:53AM

Ed Stabler November 13, 2012 07:37AM

Roger Hogan November 13, 2012 10:47AM

Re: 'As the Train Turns' -or- 'Chaos at Cumbres' ... confused smiley

Russo Loco November 13, 2012 11:46AM

Re: 'As the Train Turns' -or- 'Chaos at Cumbres' ... confused smiley

Ed Stabler November 13, 2012 01:27PM

Re: 'Chaos at Lizard (People) Head' ... eye rolling smiley

Russo Loco November 13, 2012 01:45PM

ozinoz November 13, 2012 03:00PM

Russo Loco November 13, 2012 04:27PM

ozinoz November 13, 2012 06:08PM

Meals, motels and miles.....

John West November 13, 2012 09:49PM

Re: Meals, motels and miles ... and safety

Russo Loco November 14, 2012 01:13AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login