Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A Real Northern Neighbor Speaks Out

September 22, 2001 07:10PM
Dear Crais S: Northern neighbor?...I think not! Northern "Brother"....yes. Are you personally offended somehow that our President did not single out Canada?
Yes, perhaps we are to blame. I thing it is really just a kind of automatic thing that we Americans think of Canada are one of us. Perhaps we should have singled out Canada, but I rather think that one brother does not single out another brother, when the family is attacked. You are right. This discussion does not really belong on this NG board, but you assertion deserves response on ANY board. I have been in frequent communication with many dear friends in Canada who have emailed me photos of the memorials to the American dead.
For all of us in America....Thank you Craig and all your Canadian brothers who stand with us. After all, it is you the bad guys are after, too.
I guess I didn't realize that anyone whould be so sensitive to raise hell about not being thanked properly as we mourn our 6-7000 dead. They were killed upon American soil, not Toronto, or Calgary, and the majority were Americans. They were citizens of many countries, including Canada.
Somehow, Craig S....I guess in our mourning and shock, we must have forgotten you and Canada. When the trauma wears off a little, I am sure your need for thanks will be more than satisfied. Right now we are a little preoccupied. Yes we are working on a plan for defense and an aggressive plan to erradicate this @#$%&...and amidst all this we are still working 24 hrs a day trying to find the bodies of 6000+ human beings.
To my regular Canadian friends who have stood shoulder to shoulder with us....you need no thanks, as you have expressed many times. We Yanks know that you Canadian are brothers and family....and we'd be there for you in a heartbeat...if such a tragedy occured on Canadian soil.
Sorry Craig S....but I think you're missing the big picture. I hope you get it soon. You are not the average Canadian I have learned to love and respect. Our open border with Canada is a symbol of trust, respect, and loyalty, and I have spent many months in your beautiful country. To all Canadians...long live Canada and your wonderful bountiful land. My Canadian friends don't need to have this said, because we are in this together. All of the civilized world..But to Craig S...Thanks. Feel better now? Gordon Sinclairs words were not about the time, but about the spirit of his words...which ring true today, regardless of some who have a need to be thanked.
P.S. When the U.S.A. takes military action, and sacrifices our young, will you be there..Craig S..or just enjoying the peace we will be buying for you, at our expense? Thanks Canada...we'll always be brothers...you know it, and so do we.
Subject Author Posted

A Real Northern Neighbor Speaks Out

Tim Bain (The Wiper) September 15, 2001 10:52AM

Steffen Rosmus September 15, 2001 11:48AM

mistakes my A_ _

Roger Hogan September 15, 2001 11:57AM

Re: mistakes my A_ _

Mik September 15, 2001 12:16PM

Re: mistakes my A_ _

Steffen Rosmus September 16, 2001 02:57AM

Charles Barnett September 15, 2001 05:51PM

Steffen Rosmus September 16, 2001 03:11AM

Charles Barnett September 16, 2001 02:17PM

Dick September 17, 2001 09:27AM

Charles Barnett September 17, 2001 11:03AM

Tim Bain September 19, 2001 06:56AM

Dick September 19, 2001 03:35PM

Craig S September 22, 2001 04:13PM

Dan Markoff September 22, 2001 06:28PM

US gets kicked and insulted again

DvV September 22, 2001 09:04PM

Richard Boulware September 22, 2001 07:10PM

Good Post Richard (NM) *NM*

Tim Bain (Cdn.) September 24, 2001 08:38AM

Richard Boulware September 15, 2001 07:09PM

Steffen Rosmus September 16, 2001 03:20AM

Grant Houston September 16, 2001 10:23AM

Steffen Rosmus September 16, 2001 11:01AM

Boomer September 15, 2001 03:32PM

A Real Northern Neighbor Responds

Tim Bain September 16, 2001 05:52AM

Re: A Real Northern Neighbor Responds

Steffen Rosmus September 16, 2001 11:46AM

Agreed

Tim Bain September 17, 2001 03:23AM

Re: Agreed

Steffen Rosmus September 17, 2001 07:46AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.