Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A Real Northern Neighbor Speaks Out

September 22, 2001 06:28PM
Craig,
The help and assistance offered by Canadians is most appreciated by all of us here in the United States. Canada is a good neighbor and friend of our country.
However, you should not take offense to what Mr. Sinclair said a couple decades ago, because every word of it was true then, and some of it is still true. You may have been 2 years old then, but I was an adult, and remember the era well. Times do change, and so do events. Our country for most of its existance has not recieved so much as a thank you from many other nations to which we have given the lives of our sons and our money. We did so knowing what we were getting into and what it would cost. The United States made a choice that it was for the larger good and we proudly live with those choices.
But there are still a few things that stick in our guts every so often that makes us wonder. For instance,we have been practically invaded by illegal Mexicans by the millions. We have given them our welfare, loans, jobs, and homes. Just two weeks ago President Fox made a big speech of how we should be closer with Mexico, and have open boarders, like with Canada. Yet now in our national crises, that bum has not so much as said he was sorry, or offered to help in any way shape or form of which I am aware. Indeed, I just heard a news report that Mexico will not help us go get the bastards that killed so many of our citizens as well as others.
Maybe I'm just a bit to sensitive about such things, but by God, good neighbors help each other, and fight side by side with each other against evil enemies of freedom. Canada and England are standing shoulder to shoulder with us and I as an American am thankful for the support. But as I have said, there are others who have taken much, and give nothing in return. It has gotten to the point where I will not forget who they are, and neither will my fellow Americans.
The fact our President did not mention Canada in the speech to Congress should not bother you. I do not believe your Prime Minister was in Washington DC. However, If your Prime Minister had been in the Gallery of Congress, you know President Bush would have acknowledged Canada. It just so happened Tony Blair was, and he acknowledged him.
Let's keep our eye on the common enemy, and together hunt down the @#$%& that have caused both of our countries so much anguish.
Nuff said. Back to narrow mindedness....railroads, of course.
Dan Markoff
Subject Author Posted

A Real Northern Neighbor Speaks Out

Tim Bain (The Wiper) September 15, 2001 10:52AM

Steffen Rosmus September 15, 2001 11:48AM

mistakes my A_ _

Roger Hogan September 15, 2001 11:57AM

Re: mistakes my A_ _

Mik September 15, 2001 12:16PM

Re: mistakes my A_ _

Steffen Rosmus September 16, 2001 02:57AM

Charles Barnett September 15, 2001 05:51PM

Steffen Rosmus September 16, 2001 03:11AM

Charles Barnett September 16, 2001 02:17PM

Dick September 17, 2001 09:27AM

Charles Barnett September 17, 2001 11:03AM

Tim Bain September 19, 2001 06:56AM

Dick September 19, 2001 03:35PM

Craig S September 22, 2001 04:13PM

Dan Markoff September 22, 2001 06:28PM

US gets kicked and insulted again

DvV September 22, 2001 09:04PM

Richard Boulware September 22, 2001 07:10PM

Good Post Richard (NM) *NM*

Tim Bain (Cdn.) September 24, 2001 08:38AM

Richard Boulware September 15, 2001 07:09PM

Steffen Rosmus September 16, 2001 03:20AM

Grant Houston September 16, 2001 10:23AM

Steffen Rosmus September 16, 2001 11:01AM

Boomer September 15, 2001 03:32PM

A Real Northern Neighbor Responds

Tim Bain September 16, 2001 05:52AM

Re: A Real Northern Neighbor Responds

Steffen Rosmus September 16, 2001 11:46AM

Agreed

Tim Bain September 17, 2001 03:23AM

Re: Agreed

Steffen Rosmus September 17, 2001 07:46AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.