Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: NNG-OT Blame Don Richter!

August 06, 2008 10:03AM avatar
Three things:

1) Thank you all for posting on this little rant. A couple of the responses do give me hope for our society. The rest…not so much.

2) Don, never think for a moment that what you do with this board isn’t appreciated. You and it have weathered a lot of storms, and it seems like it’s always hurricane season around here. You’ve provided a creative and informative place for a lot of good people to post and read.

3) Don, you mention “...common courtesy and respect for others.“ And I agree 100% with that. If I don’t know someone well enough, or know wholly about a situation, I absolutely will be courteous and civil.

As to respect, that’s an earned reward that I don’t give out like candy. I respect character and that’s a hard thing to get a real sense of over the internet. I like a lot of the people who post on this board, they come across as good guys, but there’s only a handful I know well enough to respect. And a couple I know well enough not to respect.

I will never knowingly post false information. I will not lie on this board. Anything I post on this board I will gladly speak of in any venue in front of anyone. I will take full responsibility for anything I post.

And yes it pisses me off to no end to know that people out there would hold Don responsible for what I personally have to say. That’s practically copyright infringement to give Don blame for my words. They give Pulitzers to the writer, not to owner of the newspaper.

Yes it pisses me off that I can’t freely say everything and anything that I want to because other people can get caught in the crossfire. You don’t like what I have to say, kill me, I’m the messenger, this board is just the piece of paper it’s written on.

Yes it pissed me off that people don’t take responsibility for there own actions, both verbal and physical, and go on the offensive when the truth is said aloud.

So, YES I loathe the fact that I have to censer myself on this board and NOT say what I would gladly tell people to their faces with a smile.

Cheers, smiling smiley

Curtis (the Devils Advocate) F.

P.S. This is the end of this topic for me on this board. Now back to Narrow Gauge!! grinning smiley
Subject Author Posted

NNG-OT Blame Don Richter!

Curtis_F July 31, 2008 02:40PM

Chris Webster July 31, 2008 02:43PM

Jerry Day July 31, 2008 03:05PM

Fred T July 31, 2008 06:07PM

geode July 31, 2008 06:37PM

Dan Robirds July 31, 2008 08:00PM

doodlebug July 31, 2008 08:37PM

o anderson August 01, 2008 07:55AM

Fred T August 01, 2008 12:25PM

Short memories

Dave Bates August 01, 2008 02:10PM

jerryvi August 01, 2008 03:25PM

Re: Criticism vs Insults

Russo Loco August 01, 2008 06:50PM

Don Richter August 04, 2008 03:00PM

Re: NNG-OT Thank Don Richter!

Scott Turner August 04, 2008 09:11PM

Re: NNG-OT Thank Don Richter! thumbs upthumbs up

Russo Loco August 05, 2008 03:48AM

Curtis_F August 06, 2008 10:03AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login