Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: S-Wye

dan
August 02, 2007 08:19AM
Dave, Brian,

That is correct about the bridges over the Powder R. on the proposed loop in the Dredge Heritage State Park. At least one will be curved the other not so much as I understand it. No pilings or posts midstream is correct. We were told several years ago because this is Bull Trout habitat, "don't even bother to submit a plan requiring posts in the water" because the plan will not even be considered. So we have to span the stream. Powder R. is not a large stream except in the spring thaw and runoff. We have some used bridge I-beams, but according to a Civil Engineers they will flex too much. This is all still being looked at by the Engineering firm.

S-Wye is down stream and beyond the Bull Trout habitat area, so we may once again consider a midstream post. That is still being looked at. With a midstream post we can use our I-beams and considerably reduce the cost to build. Also, we will be building on our own property as I stated earlier. In the park, we will be under the stringent scrutiny of Oregon Parks. Not that we plan to get away with something on our own property, but the state will go beyond the specs and rules to make 99.99% certainty that they will never be sued or have any issues. On our property we can build to accepted practice and meet all building codes. I get real excited when I think of coming into S-Wye and pushing back to Sumpter. Hopefully we will be doing this before I am too old to function.

We have a federal grant pending at the moment that we hope to use a small portion of to begin the extension to the campground on Philips Lake. We own the ROW from McEwen to Hudspeth Lane. See my maps on www.svry.com. This a distance of about 1 mile. The ROW needs to be built up after years of erosion, then we can use volunteers and/or local prison labor to lay ties, track and ballast. Going beyond Hudspeth Lane will require additional funding. Jerry, Taylor and others continually explore funding possibilies for taking the extension into the USFS property.

Hope this helps.

dan
Subject Author Posted

SVRY EFD review

Rick Renz July 31, 2007 09:40AM

Re: SVRY EFD review

Jim Grigsby July 31, 2007 09:01PM

Re: SVRY EFD review

Brian Norden August 01, 2007 12:57AM

Re: SVRY EFD review Attachments

IanD August 01, 2007 04:08AM

Scoop and Steamer Station

Rick Renz August 01, 2007 07:30AM

Progress on Sumpter balloon loop or the sumpter wye

Dave Boyer August 01, 2007 07:29AM

Re: Progress on Sumpter balloon loop or the sumpter wye

Rick Renz August 01, 2007 07:35AM

Dave Boyer August 01, 2007 07:41AM

Rick Renz August 01, 2007 07:48AM

dan August 01, 2007 07:53AM

S-Wye

dan August 01, 2007 08:08AM

Dave Boyer August 01, 2007 03:44PM

Brian Norden August 01, 2007 07:42PM

dan August 02, 2007 08:19AM

Rick Renz August 01, 2007 08:19AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login