Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: BHC

Kevin Bush
May 03, 2006 09:28PM
Haven't done a whole lot worth mentioning. On the schedule im called to fire on the 9th with someone watching over my shoulder to make sure I don't blow the engine up. Its going to be that way for 2 weeks. Thats going to get real old.
Everyday it's something different. Most of the time you do 4 or 5 different things in one day. Some days we'll go out and cut a bunch of trees down and i'll be using a chain saw all day and we'll make big piles of branches to burn next winter. While just that morning i'll have machined new flats on a valve bonnet for a water glass valve because some idiot used a pipe wrench on the thing probably 65 years ago and chewed it up so bad they could use nothing but pipe wrenches on it after that...
All I did today is watch them light the engine off, I swept the shop, and used the bobcat to scrape up a bunch of old oily gravel in front of the engine house to replace with fresh stuff. All that in an eight hour day...yeah, did a lot of standing around. Even had time to snap a few pictures.
Actually I haven't done any railroading so far. Being a full time employee I won't do much railroading at all actually. It's mostly shop work and taking the trash out and cleaning the bathroom and fixing other peoples mistakes...
Kev B
Subject Author Posted

New email address...

Kevin Bush May 02, 2006 09:46PM

Re: New email address...

Shane Schabow May 03, 2006 04:44PM

Kevin Bush May 03, 2006 09:28PM

Andre May 03, 2006 10:03PM

Kevin Bush May 04, 2006 05:09PM

Shane Schabow May 03, 2006 10:54PM

Phil Reader May 04, 2006 08:38AM

Shane Schabow May 04, 2006 10:45AM

Kevin Bush May 04, 2006 05:21PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.