Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Why Wait till the Last Minute?

Bob Jennings
March 10, 2006 07:56AM
Since my last post here, there seems to be a false controversy being stirred up over at the Gote. Why? Beats me. JayBoob has posted a couple of out and out lies about my phone call from Governor Cargo. (Since-surprise, surprise, he won’t let me post the truth there-I will here) All I did was to post the most interesting aspect of the phone call--I didn’t post the whole thing.
I had exchanged email with Kim Smith and she gave me the contact address of the Governor.
Yes, I did send a copy of the proposal that I sent to the Commission in November, with a letter of introduction, and a copy of a letter to the C&TS Dispatch.
O.K., Wednesday morning, March 8th, at 10:50:14 a.m., I received a call from 505.822.8876. The gentleman identified himself as Dave Cargo. He said that he had received my letter and it was interesting. What I did not post was that he said that he wished he had received it earlier, I told him about sending it to the Commission. He had not seen it-said that he was going to change that situation. We discussed the new operator-we both agreed that the only difference was the name of the group--same old people/same ideas. We discussed the “Friends” and the desires of the “Friends” and the people of the group involved with negotiations of their wanting to keep everything out of public view. The Governor told them that everything with or for the railroad will conform to the public records laws and or the public meetings laws of the two states. When I asked for copy of the new contract-he said he would send me one. At that time, he informed that he would be starting work in four to six weeks on a new operating contract and looking for a new operator because, (in his words), “I don’t think this group will last the year”. I was so taken aback, that all I could say at that point was to ask him to keep me in mind. He said he will. After several pleasantries, we hung up.
That was the phone call---it lasted less than seven minutes. And in that seven minutes--I formed an opinion of Dave Cargo--he just may be the right man at the right time for the C&TSRR. If you wish to make more out of this than what is there-good luck. I sure can’t.
Subject Author Posted

CTSMC contract

Bob Jennings March 08, 2006 11:45AM

Re: CTSMC contract

roger hogan March 08, 2006 11:53AM

Re: CTSMC contract

Frank Stapleton March 09, 2006 08:16PM

Why Wait till the Last Minute?

Mike Trent March 08, 2006 01:55PM

Bob Jennings March 10, 2006 07:56AM

Reality Check *LINK*

Michael Allen March 10, 2006 11:30AM

Re: Reality Check *LINK*

Burr Hubbell March 10, 2006 12:31PM

First we heard of him... *LINK*

Don Richter March 10, 2006 04:04PM

Re: First we heard of him...

Mik March 10, 2006 05:37PM

Chris Weaver March 10, 2006 05:27PM

John Cole March 11, 2006 09:28AM

What about the Weather?

Phil Hackman March 10, 2006 11:59AM

Snow and wind

roger hogan March 10, 2006 12:22PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.