Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: New Beginnings = New Opportunities

November 03, 2005 02:12PM
Don, Roger, Steve, Tim et al -
Over the years, The Friends have done an exemplary job of restoring equipment and structures, helping out as docents on the trains, etc., etc. To what extent, if any, can they* help out with operations and track maintenance?
Obviously, none of the current paid employees wants to lose his or her job to an unpaid volunteer, but if volunteers can help keep the railroad alive, then at least some of the current employees might still have a job five years from now. As business improves down the road some of the current part-time and extra help people - who will have no jobs at all if there are no operations in 2006 - can hopefully be brought back full-time.
In line with Steve's suggestion, this might also be a good time to improve (or establish) formal communications between the Commission and the business communities in Antonito & Chama. The more closely everyone can work together, the better for all.
- Russo de los Locos
* I'd say "we" instead of "they", but even though I've been a member for a long time I haven't yet been able to attend any work sessions. Hopefully that will change when I retire next year.
Subject Author Posted

New Beginnings = New Opportunities

steve stockham November 03, 2005 10:14AM

Don Richter November 03, 2005 10:48AM

Russ Sperry November 03, 2005 02:12PM

Bill Kepner November 03, 2005 04:32PM

Re: Saving Jobs in the long run

Russ Sperry November 03, 2005 07:09PM

frankmartindell November 05, 2005 06:31PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.