Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: *New* Loop Site

March 21, 2005 06:19PM
Dead horse? Oh no! Not even close!!! I stated last year that I was going to hold the CHS's leadership accountable for ANYTHING that goes wrong! I think it's entirely apppropriate to note that the website is misleading by reason of omission!
As I understand it, they HAVE acquired Kaihalui #12 and it should be in Silver Plume by Wed. or Thurs. so they ARE fufilling their pledge! Great! More power to em (pun not intended!)
Since I'm pretty sure that somebody from the CHS or Railstar or at the very least somebody that communicates with them also reads this forum it would behoove us to point out potential pitfalls well ahead of time so that they might be corrected before they become major problems!
One of the greatest disappointments that occurs with tourists is when they come to a railroad that is supposed to be operating "steam engines" and they find out that they aren't running and that a diesel will be pulling them! (Don't even waste your time trying to deny this fact! The CHS knows this as well which is why they "pledged" to have "steam on the Loop in 2005!")
What people WILL do is cut the new operators some slack if they understand the situation! As soon as Railstar can determine how and when the #12 will be used they will need to include this on the website and I hope they will.
Unfortunately, this "error of omission" with on-line reservations doesn't leave a very good taste in the mouth. People that would book reservations this early are fans of the Loop or have been told enough about the Loop that they want to plan well in advance. Either way it is logical to expect that they are anticipating a steam engine pulling their train! Say what you want but I would advise against cavalierly taking their money without so much as a disclaimer or "caveat emptor" thrown in!
You can be excused for a great many things as long as you are forthright and completely honest with people. It will be interesting to see what the CHS will do in the coming weeks.
Subject Author Posted

*New* Loop Site *LINK*

Ed Kelley March 21, 2005 12:47PM

Dave Rouse March 21, 2005 04:34PM

Steve Singer March 21, 2005 04:40PM

SVRy Lineman March 21, 2005 05:16PM

creeker March 21, 2005 05:24PM

steve stockham March 21, 2005 06:19PM

Around The Loop Again!

Ed Kelley March 21, 2005 08:40PM

SVRy Lineman March 22, 2005 12:24AM

steve stockham March 22, 2005 09:52PM

Steve Singer March 22, 2005 08:33AM

SVRy Lineman March 22, 2005 11:41AM

Re: Dead Horse

Jack W. March 22, 2005 11:46AM

steve stockham March 22, 2005 09:27PM

KWilcomb March 23, 2005 03:52PM

Ed Kelley March 23, 2005 04:19PM

Re: Deadhorse? Not at all.

Skip Luke March 23, 2005 12:00PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.