Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Licensing question-correction

PRSL
February 17, 2005 08:11AM
Hi Mr. J.B.Bane,
Please let me clarify, that if you have read all my post carefully you will see I have never taken a position for or against the FRA in haveing them in jurisdiction or not having jurisdiction. There are pro and cons and only the law are to be followed by the way it was designed in Washington. Sometime, as in the example of the shut down of the C&TS at a critical time in their season, that there was a personal revenge action by the FRA against some folks on the railroad, and this is out of proper government performance, and is very unusual action. In that case the FRA was a con. Fixing the sub-grade was a pro. Having the FRA extend jurisdiction on something like the Georgetown Loop or Maine NGRR & Museum, is the waste of government time and resources. They have more important things to do, to put it in other words. And they should not be a tourist railroad’s crutch.
Remember, if some NYC subway crashes or the Shade Gap Electric Railway has a head on collision at Rockhill Furnace, PA, don’t look to the FRA to investigate or extend jurisdiction as they come under Section 3, and the Washington Law says the FRA is to be blind to such happenings. IT goes by what the Law calls for, not some office holder’s idea of what he might be interested in including under his command. The FRA is a Federal organization and only has limited authority per the US Constitution over State and Commonwealths obligations. In my career, I was never at odds with the Federal boys.
Subject Author Posted

Licensing question

Trevor Hartford February 12, 2005 09:51PM

Re: Licensing question

Roger Mitchell February 13, 2005 09:51AM

Trevor Hartford February 13, 2005 12:57PM

Ted Miles February 14, 2005 11:03AM

John McNamara February 14, 2005 06:16PM

Gavin Hamilton February 15, 2005 05:35AM

steve b February 15, 2005 07:27AM

PRSL February 16, 2005 02:45PM

J.B.Bane February 16, 2005 04:16PM

Jerry February 16, 2005 10:51PM

PRSL February 17, 2005 08:11AM

J.B.Bane February 17, 2005 10:07AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.