Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Go ahead .

September 20, 2000 05:08PM
John ,
I apparently misread Bob's intentions with his post and apologized to him , backchannel . What happened with the spurned railroaders is a mistake that should not be repeated . I have unfortunately been on both sides of similar situations ,as foreman and employee , and did not like it either time .Nothing is worse than dealing with angry employees that feel that they are the victim of broken promises , but almost every employer on the planet sooner or later finds themselves in this situation . It's a fact of life in business ,overestimating the need for employees .The tough part is employees are people first and tools of industry second .It is not as easy to warehouse an employee as it is a locomotive ,truck or other piece of machinery that is not going to be needed after all .
My original point is,while criticism is healthy ,and this very unfortunate ball-up deserves excoriation ,the continued criticism of the C&TS management is getting unreasonable .No one wanted to criticize Bartholomew till the equipment was literally running the equipment into the ground . That is presently not the case . The C&TS is in a life-or-death struggle for survival . Let's be sure we are on the right side , which is ensuring the survival of the railroad .
Subject Author Posted

Check This Out!

Bob September 19, 2000 02:47PM

Re: Check This Out!

Gordon Reynolds September 19, 2000 09:23PM

Bob September 20, 2000 12:21AM

Go ahead .

El Coke September 20, 2000 10:54AM

John Vandenberg September 20, 2000 01:32PM

El Coke September 20, 2000 05:08PM

Gordon Reynolds September 20, 2000 08:07PM

Jay Wimer September 21, 2000 08:27AM

Woody Woodward September 21, 2000 09:33AM

Jay doesn't have the facts either

Scott Hightower September 21, 2000 10:30AM

Well put.

Don Richter September 21, 2000 11:14AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.