Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

False Advertising

January 08, 2005 08:08AM
I have been staying out of the GTL problems as here in Ohio there is nothing much I can do anyway, and I don't know all the inside stuff that went on regarding the previous users contract negotiations.
However, I did click on the link to the new brochure, and I consider it false advertising. Why, because the train depicted on the trestle is not the one folks will be riding in. I hate it when folks depict something on the cover of a book, a video, or in this case a ticket brochure depicting something thats not really in the product.
I realize the photo is a historic photo back in the olden days, and thats fine for an inside shot, where it is MENTIONED as a historical shot. But, how many folks will see this shot and think thats the train they will be riding on!!!!??? Any tourist railroad worth their salt, or any book, or video producer for that matter, should depict what the PRODUCT will be not something that is really FALSE ADVERTISING.
A sidebar to this...I was once in a museum gift shop trying to get them to sell a product that related to their musuem. They said they already had a tape they sell and thats all they wanted. This video had a cover shot of Norfolk and Western 4-8-4 611 and looked real nice. But, HELLO, the video was about the Flying Scotsmans run in AUSTRALIA!!!! Arrggghhh. My product which actually had the content of what I was showing on the cover, was never accepted....Go figure. I guess it goes to show that false advertising does pay, and thats why folks still do it!!! However, I deplore it, be it products or tourist railroad brochures. I am all for tourist railroads making more money to keep going, but please do it honestly!!!!
My spout off for the day!!!
Greg Scholl
Subject Author Posted

(Message Deleted by Poster)

Alan January 07, 2005 05:35PM

CHS Lurking Here? - Link DEAD

Ken in Buena Vista January 07, 2005 06:55PM

Re: CHS Lurking Here? - Link DEAD

just another lurker January 07, 2005 07:34PM

Alan January 07, 2005 08:59PM

False Advertising

Greg Scholl January 08, 2005 08:08AM

Re: False Advertising

J. B. Bowers January 08, 2005 11:47AM

Re: False Advertising

Greg Scholl January 08, 2005 11:51AM

Oh?

Robert January 08, 2005 01:58PM

Re: False Advertising ?

Tom Q Vaxey January 09, 2005 10:32AM

Alan January 09, 2005 11:02AM

Re: False Advertising ? Not Likely

Jack Ways January 09, 2005 08:34PM

Alan January 09, 2005 11:08PM

Re: Wrong Person

Jack Ways January 10, 2005 12:33AM

Re: False Advertising ?

Don Richter January 09, 2005 03:16PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.