Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Barnhardt Forney *LINK*

Ed Kelley
November 25, 2004 10:37AM
A little bit about that Porter 0-6-4...
Was a Godchaux engine like what is now Disneyland Railroad #3. Ran at Old Las Vegas in Henderson, Nevada (where Dan Markoff picked up 'Eureka', which was a display). I read something about it was fired on propane? Anyhow, the locomotive ran there into the 80s, then sat there for awhile. I believe its current owner, Brook Rother, acquired it in an exchange regarding the restoration of Hawaii Railway Co. #5; and it's still up in Georgetown. I believe Dr. May owned it at some point.
Mike Piersa has probably the only page devoted to this defunct amusement park...with some information on the railroad operation there (see link below).
In terms of the true DSP&P Mason Bogies...there was a guy in Broomfield, Colorado that sold castings and drawings for a beautiful 2-1/2" scale live steam version of a DSP&P six-drivered Mason. These models got around; I believe someone at NJLS has one. Mason was truly an inventor and built some fine looking locomotives. As for the mechanical aspects and what it was like to run one of them...I hear they were pretty well built there also...but I don't know.
-Ed Kelley
Subject Author Posted

DSP&P Forney

Douglas vV November 24, 2004 05:51PM

Re: DSP&P Forney

Steve Stockham November 24, 2004 08:13PM

The Barnhardt Forney *LINK*

Ed Kelley November 25, 2004 10:37AM

Re: The Barnhardt Forney

Douglas vV November 25, 2004 01:34PM

Re: The Barnhardt Forney *LINK* *PIC*

Mike Piersa November 25, 2004 01:43PM

Old Vegas

Dan Markoff November 26, 2004 04:15PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.