Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 30 Years and my thoughts

October 08, 2004 05:23PM
Great post Rick!
I think I was the only crew member from the 1976 season that was there Rick, but I did think of you many times as we made our way up the hill. I know you were there in spirit. I also know that Roy, Floyd, Jim, George and all the other’s that are no longer with us were there in spirit as well. I thought about everyone that evening as the last train came up the hill.
As for me, I have kept my opinions regarding the CSHS and the end of the Loop as we knew it, to myself, for personal and professional reasons. I will say however, that my six seasons on the loop (my very first job) were the best of my tourist railroad carrier. I learned more than just how to railroad, but also how to get along with people, how to work hard and take pride in the work I did. These things, along with the work ethic that was instilled in me during those years, has helped me throughout my railroad carrier. I would like to think that today I am a better railroader (I still consider myself one) and a better person, thanks to the people I worked with during my years on the “Loop”. Thanks Lindsey, Rosa and Dave for putting up with me all those years, and letting me learn and grow.
Mike Ramsey
Subject Author Posted

30 Years

Rick Steele October 07, 2004 09:57AM

Re: 30 Years

Mike Trent October 07, 2004 06:11PM

Ron Keiser October 07, 2004 10:56PM

Mike Trent October 08, 2004 07:08AM

Tim Schreiner October 08, 2004 09:55AM

Mike Ramsey October 08, 2004 05:23PM

Mike Trent October 08, 2004 06:11PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.