Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Spooky Halloween Stories on the Narrow Gauge

October 29, 2020 08:42PM
Thanks for the stories everyone, and the great idea for a thread Brett! I've enjoyed reading them.

Working at the D&S, I had a fair share of things happen that I can't explain. One that stands out was on the morning of a Fall Photo Train, I cannot remember the year. Kyle Colley and I showed up to work at about 3:00am to get the train ready for the day. It had been the Blues Train the day before and the coach cleaners hadn't gotten to it. We started at the head end and worked our way to the rear. By about 3:30 we had made it through about half of the train and entered the 311. As I opened the door to the car... a half full water bottle that was perched in the luggage rack flew off at an angle, landed in the aisle, and slowly rolled under a seat. I bent down to pick it up and, it was incredibly cold under the seat... much colder than the rest of the car. When I picked it up, we then heard (I swear) footsteps on the other end of the car. Needless to say, we took the water bottle and went around that car. Cleaning the rest of the consist went well and by that time someone from the warehouse was in the gift shop getting coffee ready. We went in and told her what happened and we decided to go back to the car. I took a new water bottle, drank half of it, and put it back on the luggage rack like it was. We then tried to recreate what happened. We opened the door quickly, thinking maybe the wind had knocked it off. We jumped up and down trying to get the car to rock, and nothing made it fly off like it did when we opened the door.

Many months later during the sing along on Polar Express, I was working with Kyle again in the 311 as "Chefs". This time... we were standing at the front of the car while Santa made his way down the aisle. We were quietly singing silent night and suddenly we both turn to look at each other. The door behind us opened, with force, and we heard someone say something. Nobody was coming through the door, and it had never done that in the countless nights we worked that car.

Believe in ghosts or not... I'm somewhere in the middle... I try to remember that those cars have seen so many people come and go over time. I don't think it's far fetched to think that they made such an impact on someone's life that they hang around for a while to see what happens.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2020 08:42PM by durangokid123.
Subject Author Posted

Spooky Halloween Stories on the Narrow Gauge

Brett Wiebold October 26, 2020 03:27PM

Jason Rose October 28, 2020 06:35AM

Re: Spooky Halloween Stories on the Narrow Gauge Attachments

Shavano479 October 28, 2020 08:14AM

Re: Spooky Halloween Stories on the Narrow Gauge Attachments

Shavano479 October 28, 2020 08:25AM

Brett B October 28, 2020 07:04PM

I_love_D&RG October 28, 2020 08:54AM

Greg Scholl October 28, 2020 09:43AM

Re: Spooky Halloween Stories on the D&RG

James October 28, 2020 05:11PM

Joe Weigman October 28, 2020 10:10AM

durangokid123 October 29, 2020 08:42PM

et&wnc October 28, 2020 11:11AM

Re: The (ghostly) Saga of Burning Switch . . . eye popping smiley

Russo Loco October 28, 2020 12:47PM

Re: The Ghost of the Flying Scotsman . . . eye rolling smiley

Russo Loco October 28, 2020 12:52PM

CBS radio ... NNG, but steam and mountains

redrob November 01, 2020 06:02PM

A true story

John Bush October 29, 2020 01:37AM

Re: A true story

Samart October 29, 2020 07:38AM

Re: A true story, and another NNG

heatermason October 29, 2020 10:25AM

Re: A true story, and another NNG

george pearce October 29, 2020 10:43AM

george pearce October 29, 2020 10:21AM

heatermason October 29, 2020 10:33AM

Brett B October 29, 2020 08:01PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login