Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Video Editing Help

April 21, 2020 12:11PM avatar
I get a student discount to the adobe suite, I often recommend Adobe Premiere to folks but unless you can find a trial version or would be willing to pay adobe's monthly fee for the program I'd say it wouldn't be the best option for you. It takes some time to learn how to use as well, and I'm lucky that I was one of the few in my digital art class who managed to ace the class by successfully learning how to use Premiere...

I'd say iMovie works, but I've come to dislike how basic and limited it can be depending on what you want to do. iMovie's Titles/text boxes and the A.I. "Ken Burns" effect it has on photos is so noticeable and gives away it was made with iMovie very fast. Sometimes they might look decent if the user tried their best to fine-tune it, but other times it looks horrible or unwatchable for a few different reasons. Another determining factor is if you are using the mobile app or the iMac application. Mobile is a significant downgrade from the desktop version and has a lot of features cut out of it. Windows movie maker has been shut down by Microsoft for a year or two now, but it still works if you can find an archived download of it off the internet. If you can manipulate it properly it can output a decent video. I know Jerry Day and Bob Whitney use Windows Movie Maker for their videos and they look pretty good.

If worse comes to worst you could outsource an editor here on the forum. I'd be happy to put together this project for you in Premiere if you were able to send the footage via email and write an outline of what you are looking for, I've got nothing better to do, and don't need anything in return.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2020 12:12PM by Joe Weigman.
Subject Author Posted

Video Editing Help

Rob483 April 21, 2020 10:10AM

tomc April 21, 2020 10:45AM

Rattie April 21, 2020 11:23AM

Roger Hogan April 21, 2020 11:41AM

Joe Weigman April 21, 2020 12:11PM

Re: Video Editing Help - A Possibility?

RichB April 21, 2020 04:59PM

Samart April 21, 2020 06:42PM

Greg Scholl April 21, 2020 07:22PM

jvliet April 22, 2020 07:55AM

John C April 22, 2020 11:56AM

Rob483 April 22, 2020 03:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login