Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Ten Years on.. And I am still drawn to Narrow Gauge heaven! A few questions to improve my travels.

September 03, 2018 01:43PM
John, John, Mike and Russ,
Thank you for your advise on the C&TS!
We will sort of do what you recommended, as we have tickets for the Friends one day freight charter, starting in Antonito.
The Antonito side of Cumbres is my favourite anyway, we rode Antonito-Chama in 2015 (on board the Parlour car), and this led my colleague to ask me if we could do another detour to Chama if we are "nearby" anyway - I happily complied to his request smiling bouncing smiley
This time Antonito - Osier - Antonito on the photo charter and Chama - Antonito on the Goose will be what we do on the C&TS.
Yes, we will stay in Chama, even thought it is a bit complicated with all the transfers, but sadly I was too late to book a room at THE (Shamrock) HOTEL & Shops again. Next time I have to book my room in Chama first thing.

John Bush,
You convinced me to drive to Chama via Durango! I will download the TABB app and try it out.

Russ,
Next time I will make sure we won't miss each other by just a few days! (Or I simply spend a few days in California and haunt you at home hot smiley

John West,
Sure! The things close to you are always taken for granted. I know I live in another kind of narrow gauge heaven, but here at home I can simply walk to the train station, board the next train and visit whatever narrow gauge railway I wish to, while being back at home later the same day. Having this big opportunity right at my doorstep makes trips like the above more spontaneous. Travelling to the US and riding them great steam trains in the Rocky Mountains takes a much bigger budget on time and money. Therefore it is something to dream about as long as I am at home winking smiley

Very best Regards,
Urias
Subject Author Posted

Ten Years on.. And I am still drawn to Narrow Gauge heaven! A few questions to improve my travels.

Urias von Meyenburg September 01, 2018 08:14AM

Re: Ten Years on.. And I am still drawn to Narrow Gauge heaven! A few questions to improve my travels.

Husker Hank September 01, 2018 06:55PM

John Meixel September 02, 2018 06:41AM

John Bush September 03, 2018 11:50AM

MD Ramsey September 03, 2018 12:10PM

Re: Ride West, Young Man . . . smileys with beer

Russo Loco September 03, 2018 12:21PM

But, but, but.....

John West September 03, 2018 01:17PM

Re: But, but, but..... Attachments

rosenth September 03, 2018 03:44PM

Como September 02, 2018 09:12AM

Re: Ten Years on - DON'T MISS COMO!! thumbs upthumbs up

Russo Loco September 02, 2018 03:09PM

Urias von Meyenburg September 03, 2018 04:38AM

Urias von Meyenburg September 03, 2018 01:43PM

John Bush September 03, 2018 01:48PM

Speaking of your backyard

John West September 03, 2018 03:00PM

Urias von Meyenburg September 03, 2018 03:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login