Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Making Donations

January 24, 2017 05:42PM
Hi,

Although not railroad related, my experience is donation related.

I donated my time and money to a political party in the late 1970s and mid 1980s. I have been on county causes, county conventions and state conventions.

The party's fell started changing from an attitude of "There's room for everyone under our tent" to "if you not with us, you're against your." I quite sending money and med my feelings known sometime about 1990. I got notices after 2000 that I had late fees to pay because I had been 1) not kept up to date on my dues, 2) not gone to state and national conventions (regardless of the fact that they never got in touch with me or asked me if I'd be willing to serve, and several other bullying attempts to get my money.

The last attempt I recall was about 2003-4. My Mom (even though she died in 2012) is still getting this junk even though she's never lived at the address I am currently living.

Heck, I have been getting escalating contacts to my Dad for mostly Obama care and retirement items even though he died in 1982.

As with writing, I was taught to get it as correct as possible before mailing (now a-days emailing or posting) because it shows the person who receives it that you respect them. I make enough errors as it is without being lazy and not proofing my documents. When I see a post that has all upper case or lowercase or no punctuation or complete no-care about spelling, I do not even read their communications.

All this no thank you to donations or other type of less respectful communications I thin is a sign of the "I don't give a darned" or "We don't want to hurt their psyche" or let us change the high school diploma to mean not that someone understand this information but has been exposed to it and has been to school for a minimum number of days.

Where is the thought of being respectful?

Thank someone for making a donation but do not hound them to give more.

Doug vV

--------------------------
Carrie Fisher quotes:

Instant gratification takes too long.

I was street smart, but unfortunately the street was Rodeo Drive.

--------------------------

Luna Lovelace (Harry Potter):

I sleepwalk you know that's why I wear shoes to bed.
Subject Author Posted

Making Donations

Greg Scholl January 23, 2017 06:57PM

et&wnc January 24, 2017 11:07AM

bonefish January 24, 2017 01:05PM

RDannemann January 24, 2017 01:58PM

et&wnc January 24, 2017 02:31PM

John Bush January 24, 2017 05:09PM

dougvv January 24, 2017 05:42PM

Stewart Rhine January 25, 2017 01:28PM

hank January 26, 2017 08:44AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login