Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Explaining how the Como Depot walls were dissected and reassembled

October 17, 2016 06:22AM
Firstly Jason,
You are most correct in taking offence that I would retaliate in such a way to people that would seek to make a mockery of me, even though I never thought that you yourself were or are doing that. My sincere apologies to those who did seek to make a mockery of me, however. I am a better person than that, usually.

I studied the Como depot for years before I realised the issue of the semaphore. That was only the clue to find out where the building came from. By the time that I finish pointing out all the peculiarities and other things that I know about the building, I think you may then agree with me. But maybe your mind is already made up and nothing in the world will be able to change it. Beliefs are like walls of a prison. Nobody can see the world beyond what they choose to believe. I fall for the same trap and make mistakes. We all do. But all of us here please, keep an open mind to what is possible. There is much more than what we know.

I hope that you will be patient while I go forth explaining what I know of the depot and maybe reserve sharing your judgement for the time being.

Regarding the question about changing depots. It was not decided to make Como a division point until 1881. Apart from being near King which had its own very substantial initial development in the beginning, Como was just another town. There was ice, cattle, sure, but it was not until it became a division point that it boomed.

Yes, my proposal is way out there. Probably a phenomenal discovery for such a long time ago without written records. However, the more that I look, the more things fall into place. Even tonight before I checked my messages.

Why another railroads building you ask. Because Jay Gould controlled both at the time, forcing them to work together even though they were enemies, in order to reach Leadville as soon as possible. That was his objective. Railroads were a tools to him as carpenter and joiner tools are to me.

To answer your first question if I missed it along the way. I work in the building industry. I knew almost immediately that this building featured things that suggested it had been re assembled. Give me time your honour to explain my case!

Regarding matching other buildings up or down the line, I don't see how much that really matters. The two rooms of the central building had the windows and doors with the fretwork above. One window was switched with the window in the west wall of the office so the facade of the building would remain the same. The doors of the freight room do not have the fretwork, that was a different building, I will get to explain. The remainder of the windows in the office are a complete dogs breakfast.

I hope I have covered everything satisfactorily enough until I get time to reply in detail in my blog?

john
Subject Author Posted

Explaining how the Como Depot walls were dissected and reassembled

John Droste2 October 16, 2016 07:48AM

Eddy Sand October 16, 2016 02:27PM

Jason Midyette October 16, 2016 04:56PM

John Droste2 October 17, 2016 06:22AM

CharlieMcCandless October 17, 2016 07:54AM

Bernie Perch October 17, 2016 08:34AM

John Droste2 October 17, 2016 05:58PM

John Droste2 October 17, 2016 05:48PM

rdamurphy October 17, 2016 04:24PM

John Droste2 October 17, 2016 05:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login