Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Explaining how the Como Depot walls were dissected and reassembled

October 16, 2016 04:56PM
Mr. Droste,

While your latest blog posts are indeed interesting, you are still putting the cart before the horse. That is to say you have yet to answer the basic questions that need to be covered before you go on to the detailed proof of your theory.

Please take the time to fill us in on these few basic, yet needed, items,

What led you to the conclusion that the Como depot was not built in Como but rather made of up of parts from another building? That is, what is the basis of your theory?

Why do you believe that the South Park would build a depot in Como in 1879 and then three years later decide to haul another railroads building up from Denver and reassemble it in an altogether different way than it was built in Denver, all the while making sure that the details matched the other depots that the South Park built in 1878-79, and not the ones that would be built with the rest of the line over Boreas pass and onto Leadville?

I'm sorry but without the answers to these two very basic questions, all the minute details in the world are without merit. If you can not provide a basis for your theory, you cannot prove it.

Realistically, your theory is pretty far out there. I am not meaning this as an insult, just a statement of fact. What you are proposing is absolutely without precedent and flies in the face of all available historical records as well as observations of historical and building practice professionals who have looked at and worked on the Como depot. I'm not saying what you propose is impossible, but it will take some pretty strong and solid evidence to prove it.

Jason Midyette

Ps - insinuating that myself or others who raise legitimate questions are "twits" or "idiots" is not really helpful or productive. No one here is referring to you as such. To me, jumping straight to insults in the face of reasonable questions is indicative of someone who can not defend their position.
Subject Author Posted

Explaining how the Como Depot walls were dissected and reassembled

John Droste2 October 16, 2016 07:48AM

Eddy Sand October 16, 2016 02:27PM

Jason Midyette October 16, 2016 04:56PM

John Droste2 October 17, 2016 06:22AM

CharlieMcCandless October 17, 2016 07:54AM

Bernie Perch October 17, 2016 08:34AM

John Droste2 October 17, 2016 05:58PM

John Droste2 October 17, 2016 05:48PM

rdamurphy October 17, 2016 04:24PM

John Droste2 October 17, 2016 05:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login