Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Carson and Colorado map

February 05, 2014 10:16PM avatar
So, I was just up in Dayton and Moundhouse this last week visiting my friend that just moved there. WE were bumping around doing some exploring etc and checking out the NVRR museum.

Why is the C&C always referred to as such instead of the SP Narrow Gauge. It was only the C&C for 25 years, it was SP for much longer.
Locals up there always refer to it as the C&C and act like the SP never existed. Seems to the people that really care its the C&C or the Keeler Branch. To the rest of us Narrow Gauge interested folk, its the SP narrow gauge.

Not that I have any care one way or the other.

Just curios, I was google earthing the whole route last week and was able to stay on track almost the enter way with short losses over the Montgomery pass from the highway construction. When was the line abandoned/ scrapped from Mina back to Hawthorne Army Depot?

Ive heard that Indians have shut down the RR where it crosses the reservation up closer to Yerrington, but there appears to be somewhat a level of activity on the Army Depot as there was track equipment doing track work and cars spotted around at various points of the million spurs on the depot.
Subject Author Posted

Carson and Colorado map

ROW Explorer February 02, 2014 04:31PM

jim pallow February 02, 2014 04:35PM

Dave Peterson February 02, 2014 10:31PM

ROW Explorer February 04, 2014 05:44PM

Rich Johnson February 05, 2014 10:16PM

Brian Norden February 05, 2014 11:41PM

Dave Peterson February 06, 2014 09:53AM

Re: Carson and Colorado map Attachments

Chris Walker February 06, 2014 12:24PM

Re: There's not many better NG vistas than this... Attachments

Dave Peterson February 06, 2014 06:19PM

Re: There's not many better NG vistas than this...

bcp February 06, 2014 10:02PM

ROW Explorer February 07, 2014 11:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login