Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Girl on a horse in Silverton

June 05, 2002 08:43PM
No, not Lady Godiva! This girl was clothed! I don't remember B.O. Plenty but I do remember how the Silverton train passengers were so impressed with a young girl riding a horse for the benefit of the passengers arriving in Silverton. Her riding skills at her age were outstanding and she put on quite a show to say the least. When I was a kid riding the Silverton in the late 1950's or early 1960's I remember my parents pointing out a young girl that met the train just outside Silverton, then rode along with the train until it reached the end of track there. Many passengers got off just to talk to her and give her money (get her phone number?). Every year thereafter when our family rode the train my parents always looked for the girl on the horse. I remember seeing color film movies of her and horse taken from the train.
In more contemporary times, I remember a man on horseback dressed in pretty authentic American Indian apparel. He posed on horseback for the benefit of the passengers leaving Antonito. It had to be in the early to mid-1990's. He never appeared after one summer, but his apparel was quite authentic looking including the apparel on the horse. He and the horse made a cool picture and impressed my grandson.
Speaking of B.O. Plenty there was a man that frequently met the passenger train in Glenwood Springs, CO. As I recall, he was similar in character to B.O. Plenty and probably smelled the same. A kind man but scared little kids.
Subject Author Posted

B.O. Plenty

Greg Scholl June 04, 2002 05:33PM

Re: B.O. Plenty

Jim Adams June 04, 2002 06:43PM

Greg Scholl June 04, 2002 08:36PM

Jim Adams June 05, 2002 12:40PM

E June 04, 2002 08:37PM

Sounds familiar...

El Coke June 04, 2002 09:50PM

Re: Sounds familiar...

Herb Kelsey June 04, 2002 11:42PM

Re: Sounds familiar...

Jim Adams June 05, 2002 07:17PM

Girl on a horse in Silverton

Craig Miller June 05, 2002 08:43PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.