Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RGS: Dolores and Lost Canyon

December 28, 2001 08:56AM
Christmas day, I drove up the Dolores River to Lizard Head, photos to come later. At any rate, I can offer a couple of comments and then a question or two for those in the know.
First of all, a view of the Goose #5 and the Dolores depot project caused me to begin to think about the ambitious project of relaying 8 miles of rail up to the guest ranch whose name escapes me at the moment. It appears to me that much of the original Right-of-way north of Dolores has either been built on, or is occupied by the state highway. Is there any news on this effort?
It would be interesting to see how much of the rail right-of-way still exists in Lost Canyon, just east of Dolores. I suspect that much of this land is also private and inaccessible. However, there are numerous people in the readership of this group who may have been able to walk or drive on sections of that right-of-way. I suspect that the scenery in Lost Canyon is attractive. As a potential line reconstruction, the Lost Canyon area would seem attractive to me.
Any comments would be welcomed.
Best regards,
Jim Burrill
Loveland, Colorado
Subject Author Posted

RGS: Dolores and Lost Canyon

Jim Burrill (Tolland) December 28, 2001 08:56AM

Sundance Publications, LTD

Craig Miller December 28, 2001 09:13AM

RE olores, Canyon, Sundance, etc.

Jim Burrill December 28, 2001 09:56AM

Name of guest ranch revealed

El Coke December 28, 2001 01:56PM

Railfans and Lost and Deranged

Craig Miller December 28, 2001 04:49PM

Re: RGS: Dolores and Lost Canyon

PRR December 28, 2001 05:15PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.