Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help with old Baldwin Narrow Gauge Smokestack and Vacuum Brake Equipment

January 06, 2011 03:55PM avatar
Hey there my narrow minded friends,

Now that I had to return to Germany and can no longer work on my beloved Perus Pirapora 60cm railroad in Brazil, I have changed my activities towards preparing documentation for future articles in Narrow Gauge magazines. To that end I have been working my way through the Baldwin Archives at the DEGOLYER LIBRARY.
Baldwin Locomotive Order Specificatins

Great stuff I recommend it to everyone, there is alot of information on the locomotive order forms.

So I am researching all 60cm locomotives built for Brazilian customers since we have 8 Baldwin engines to document. The dimensions are very useful and we are creating 3D CAD models of our first engine. Hint, hint : Recover of a Baldwin 2-4-0

Now the question Baldwin used alot of standard "appertances", Crosby Steam gauges, Westinghouse Air Brake equipment and such.

I am looking for drawings and dimensions for "Radley & Hunter" 12in Dia Stack with Smokebox hole 13.5in Dia.

Also does anyone anything about "VSLE Eames Auto Vacuum" apparently the locomotive vacuum producer which you can see on the roof. Also as actuator is a Foundation "Style F1 Eames" which would seem to be the vacuum brake cylinder. I have alot of documents, and I mean alot about Westinghouse but I don't know anything about a manufacturer of Vacuum brakes parts called "Eames", can someone help us out?

By the way I understand our friends more now that are hot to paint boiler jackets green, our locomotive was delivered with "Style 297, two shades of Olive & Gold"

So I would very happy if any of your experts can help us out, if any has experience with other parts of the Baldwin records I would like to exchange information too. Stop by my website too
Thanks
Thor
rfsr_portoferreira_loco900_tbBaldwin37662.jpg
Vol44BLDWNpdfpg12-8-18.5-D-14_15-60cmPaulistaPg2_(1024_x_768).jpg
Vol44BLDWNpdfpg12-8-18.5-D-14_15-60cmPaulistaPg1a_(1024_x_768).jpg

Thor Windbergs
Ludwigsburg, Germany

Facebook: Thor Windbergs
Volunteer G&L RR 86-88
Fireman/Engine Watchman D&S 90-94
Member Frankfurter Feldbahn Musuem, feldbahn-ffm.de
Member IFPPC (Society for Preservation of Perus Pirapora Railroad) Brazil www.internationalsteam.co.uk/trains/brazil54.htm
Member German Standard gauge Group www.eisenbahnfreunde-zollernbahn.de
Subject Author Posted

Need help with old Baldwin Narrow Gauge Smokestack and Vacuum Brake Equipment Attachments

Thor Windbergs January 06, 2011 03:55PM

Re: Need help with old Baldwin Narrow Gauge Smokestack and Vacuum Brake Equipment

Andrew Brandon January 06, 2011 08:18PM

Re: Need help with old Baldwin Narrow Gauge Smokestack and Vacuum Brake Equipment Attachments

Thor Windbergs January 07, 2011 11:48AM

Re: Need help with Vacuum Brake Equipment

hank January 06, 2011 08:50PM

Stewart Rhine January 07, 2011 08:18AM

Thor Windbergs January 15, 2011 03:48AM

Dan Robirds January 15, 2011 10:58AM

John Cole January 15, 2011 11:37AM

J.B.Bane January 15, 2011 01:13PM

Re: Need help with old Baldwin Narrow Gauge Smokestack and Vacuum Brake Equipment

bonefish January 15, 2011 06:55AM

Dan Markoff January 15, 2011 08:19AM

Thor Windbergs January 18, 2011 01:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login