Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: UNITED VERDE & PACIFIC RAILROAD NARROW GAUGE

August 30, 2007 04:30PM avatar
Actually, none of the Railroads of Arizona series currently deals with the Verde Valley Railroads (both Narrow and Standard Gauges).

Vol. 1 The Southern Roads is everything south of the Gila River, including the Southern Pacific, El Paso & Southwestern, etc...

Vol. 2 Phoenix and the Central Roadsis above the Gila River including the Arizona Eastern lines, Phoenix and Eastern, and Southern Pacific.

Vol. 3 Clifton, Morenci and Metcalf: Rails and Copper Mines...actually that's pretty self explanatory, also include the Arizona and New Mexico and it's extension to Hachita New Mexico.

Vol. 4 The Santa Fe Route is everything from Gallup New Mexico to Needles California...this does not include the Grand Canyon Line, nor the Phoenix Line.

Vol. 5 Santa Fe to Phoenix is the lines from Ash Fork to Phoenix, including the Bradshaw Mountain Lines and the Arizona and California.

My Assumption is that Vol. 6 will include the Verde Valley Railroads, Apache, Black Mesa & Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Lumber Lines, and other "recent developments" such as the formation of the Copper Basin Railway and the new Arizona Eastern, since they were covered in Vol. 2, which was printed in 1980, six years before I was even born...

Also, if anyone has a decent copy of Vol.'s 2 and 3 that they would like to "dispose" of, please contact me.

William Diehl... \M/( >.< )\M/
-Albuquerque
Big Diehl Photo <-Photos and Books For Sale, or Like it on Facebook.
Subject Author Posted

UNITED VERDE & PACIFIC RAILROAD NARROW GAUGE

BCFDFF August 25, 2007 03:21PM

Anonymous User August 25, 2007 04:43PM

BCFDFF August 25, 2007 05:03PM

ROW Explorer August 26, 2007 09:56PM

Brian Norden August 26, 2007 11:46PM

Skip August 27, 2007 09:41AM

WilliamDiehl August 30, 2007 04:30PM

Skip August 30, 2007 06:55PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login