Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: More Bodie & Benton Questions

August 06, 2007 09:31AM
mono004.jpgmonoMills_locomotive_gutted1.jpgNot being a real expert on this line, but having spent some time in the area around Mono Mills, I'll try to answer some of you questios.

The proposed line to Benton Station on the C&C was to have gone from about the middle of the line to the East from Warm Springs.

Mono Mills is pretty much on the northern edge of the timber stands in the area,
It is pretty barren North of there. As I said in an earlier Post, I believe the Mono Mills location given on the Terra server site is in error, should be in the next (larger) timbered area to the east.

The Attached Photo is looking to the south, the line up the hill on the right iis the line to the logging branches. Highway 120 is located about where the two trees in the middle back ground are, It crosses from right to left at about 90 degrees to the mill and woods track. As with most logging lines there were several branches into the woods to the South. The graded roads folliw some and some are just ties are still on the ground.

I don't believe that much ore or even merchandise was hauled, It was primerly a lumber RR, Timbers and a lot of cordwood for the at least two Ore prossesing mills in Bodie.

I don't know about the lime processig Kilns.

Motive powe was 4 2-6-0 which may have been Baldwin or maybe not, or maybe only some.

1 Porter 0-4-2, CN#494 and perhaps a couple of prescptt o-6-0.

After the Tonapah, rush which pretty much left Bodie deserted, the main operational motive power was the beauty in the second photo.

Hope this helps

Dave g
Subject Author Posted

More Bodie & Benton Questions

Chile John August 06, 2007 07:20AM

bcp August 06, 2007 08:54AM

Re: More Bodie & Benton Questions Attachments

davegrandt August 06, 2007 09:31AM

Chile John August 06, 2007 09:50AM

davegrandt August 06, 2007 09:52AM

Chile John August 06, 2007 09:59AM

davegrandt August 06, 2007 10:17AM

davegrandt August 20, 2007 04:40PM

Randy Hees August 07, 2007 12:17PM

Brian Norden August 07, 2007 10:08PM

Re: More Bodie & Benton Builders Plate Attachments

LOGGERHOGGER August 08, 2007 07:24AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login