Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Crown Metal Products Steamer. *LINK*

June 05, 2007 11:48AM
Hi Ted;
To get to your original request for information; the Crown Metal Products engines were first built in 1958 by Ken Williams of Elizabeth, PA; the original engine is operational at the Rough & Tumble Threshers Museum in Kinzers, PA. They were built as late as 1987; and were loosely based on a "standard" American 4-4-0. They were offered in several gauges; most were either 15 inch, 2 foot, or 3ft. Ken took over production of the Westinghouse (WABCO) single cylinder air brake pump; which are featured on the 3ft guage models; he later sold that part of the business to Backshop Enterprises.
I have listed 67 Crown engines so far in my latest release of my "Surviving World Steam Locomotive" CD-ROM; that does not include one that was rebuilt into an i.c. engine that used to be in Wimberly, Texas and is now in a park I think in Sanger, Texas. There are probably more. Crown Metal Products also built the boiler that is now on the "Melodia"; itself original a Davenport product.
The website below has a little more information on Crown Metal Products. I hope this helps.
-James Hefner
Hebrews 10:20a
Subject Author Posted

Crown Metal Products Steamer.

Ted Miles June 04, 2007 04:46PM

Re: Crown Metal Products Steamer.

Ed "Oilcan" Kelley June 04, 2007 06:31PM

Ted Miles June 05, 2007 09:48AM

Canobie Lake Park

Ed Lecuyer June 05, 2007 10:42AM

Re: Crown Metal Products Steamer. *LINK*

James Hefner June 05, 2007 11:48AM

"Melodia" *LINK* *PIC*

Ed "Oilcan" Kelley June 05, 2007 06:55PM

Ted Miles June 07, 2007 10:12AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login