Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Uintah had 11 engines in 1st ICC Boiler inspec

February 25, 2007 05:07PM
George,
The last time that I posted here, you wrote me a rather abrupt email stating that I had better leave you alone, and that I still "had your respect" but that I better watch it? We'll obviously I have lost your respect, that you would have to go to name calling, because I do not support your THEORY, that the Uintah had an extra Shay from 1912 until 1917. I have not DENIED anything, I have mearly taken the time to question how you came to certain conclussions. I certainly leave an open question to your opinion that they did, and have more than entertained the notion, but to state it as a fact with no supporting evidence other than second hand reports that ARE faulty on many occasions, seams to be a little over the top. EVERY one of the source documents that you have listed can be wrong. I say this, not stating that they ARE wrong, but that they CAN BE, because in many other time periods during the Uintah's life span they often contridict one another. Why is it so hard for you to admit that this is possible? I would love to "eat crow" as you put it, and I hope that you, me, the national archives, the Smithsonion, or some other Shay research does come up with PROOF that another Shay was on the Uintah. I just do not understand why you can take an equally (in my mind, much more convincing) argument, that the Uintah kept the first #11 around for a number of years? This same argument goes for the rather fantastic theory of yours that the Uintah sold their #3 to the Feather River Lumber CO. in 1927 and back to Colorado a few years later, and then back to the Feather River Lmbr. CO. a few years later again - All from tyed over, scratched through, notes on the back of Lima inspection cards. I GIVE YOU CREDIT THAT THESE ARE VALID THEORY'S, but why do you have to get down right indignent if someone questions them? You have decided to attack my intelligence buy implying that I'm so stupid that I can not see the obvious. IT IS NOT OBVIOUS IT IS JUST YOUR OPINION!
Subject Author Posted

Uintah had 11 engines in 1st ICC Boiler inspector

PRSL February 19, 2007 09:38AM

Nick Gully February 19, 2007 10:42AM

johnny graybeal February 19, 2007 01:13PM

PRSL February 19, 2007 06:32PM

DENIAL RODGER AKA Rodger Polley February 25, 2007 05:07PM

PRSL February 26, 2007 04:20PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login