Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: NNG Re: Edwards Railcars

PRSL
November 05, 2006 09:49PM
When we rode the Salamander Edward Railcar several years ago I was told the railroad was isolated with a derail to render it a 'insular' line so it did not come under FRA. This is because the car does not pass FRA compression/collision requirement and window glass. In the history of the Edward car having two collisions, both times the operator was killed.
The West Virginia Central above High Falls is operated as a "Rapid Transit" and does not come under FRA, so they can cross the main highway and not count. This is one of the cases where the FRA law for "Rapid Transit" exclusion saying "usually electrically powered and usually in an urban area" falls into the other than "usual". And some day it may be steam operated and the FRA should still stay away.
Don't flame away at me for what I was told about the Edward Railcar on the run, but enter the new or correct data about the Edward car and bring us up to date with the correct data if I am wrong.
It surely could be a car that could visit various operations at different times, like THOMAS does.
But I would not buy one to generate new patronage.
Subject Author Posted

Edwards Railcars

Ken in Buena Vista November 05, 2006 09:02AM

Re: Edwards Railcars

Andre Poniatowski November 05, 2006 09:54AM

Ed Stabler November 05, 2006 09:59AM

Re: Edwards Railcars *LINK*

steve torrico November 05, 2006 05:57PM

NNG Re: Edwards Railcars *LINK*

Ken Martin November 05, 2006 07:35PM

Re: NNG Re: Edwards Railcars

PRSL November 05, 2006 09:49PM

Douglas vV November 06, 2006 02:24AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.