Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Outfit Car doings

August 11, 2006 01:14PM
For some reason, the links didn't get put up all the way, you can just copy and paste the whole thing, and that will lead to the photos.
Unfortunately, I know very little about the eary D&RG boxes...basically about as much as SLoan wrote, which is good, but, a lot of people (including myself) have found some rather large errors in the book. I guess that's to be expected with whatever records and the sheer bolume of stuff he would have had to go through.
Your theory might be correct, especially if the ends are looking similar. I was kind of thinking that maybe it was one of the handful of 24' cars that remained as outfit cars into the 20's, like the 2701 and 03679 (Not of the 1904 series). The windows do suggest it was an outfit at some point, but, I'm sure a lot of them were towards the end of their lives. But, it's anyone's guess. My Dad thought he saw a number on the inside, but, to no avail.
In any case, I hope that somebody in the Friends or elsewhere can get a look at it. I'd hate to just have the photos, and find the car gone like the mystery car in the Alamosa yard. I should scan some photos of that one too and post them...baggage doors, weird pulleys...metal sheeting, but gone between 2003 and 2004.
Subject Author Posted

Outfit Car doings

Grant Houston August 09, 2006 12:31PM

frank martindell August 11, 2006 10:42AM

Grant Houston August 11, 2006 01:14PM

Bill Pratt August 12, 2006 08:56PM

Dave Dye August 13, 2006 11:57AM

Dave Dye August 13, 2006 12:01PM

Chris Webster August 13, 2006 01:59PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.