Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: SL&RG rare mileage IS NOT gone

PRSL
July 04, 2006 09:20AM
BIG THANKS EARL,
THAT IS GREAT NEWS and a much needed correction to my friend who is now back over the big pond. I will relay you message.
Hope no damage was done and your quick correction will keep the traffic coming. Maybe at worst it might have scared a few mileage collectors to squeeze it into their schedule during the NNGMC in Durango and during RailFest time.
It is terrible how one message about "possible abandonment" sets it as dead in so many minds. I recently visited a noted Historian in Perry County, Pa, 40 minutes away from the East Broad Top RR and he expessed the question about them running. I quized him why he felt that and he noted the Pittsburg Press Newspaper of years ago which Trains Magazine repeated without checking with the owners of the EBT. The article had a number of false mis-quotes leading many to think the EBT owner wanted to liquidate at the same moment new flues (BIG BUCKS)lay outside the roundhouse door to fix #15.
That one Pittsburg Press article got picked up by a Wire Service, and without ever checking with the management of the EBT, got spread nation wide. And the damage is still evident years later just 40 minutes away with folks in the history business. How is the general folks, who are the loyal base ridership, to know?
I see that I am also guilty of not checking with the management of SL&RG as I beleives my frend's message as it seem likely to be correct, especally after that damaging Denver Post story of the FRA big brothering the SL&RG. I also hoped you would chime in with the correct data, so again thanks. It is good to get the GOOD News some space here.
Subject Author Posted

SL&RG rare mileage gone

PRSL July 02, 2006 07:19AM

Denver Post Article Re: SL&RG rare mileage gone *LINK* *PIC*

Chris Webster July 02, 2006 09:35AM

Re: SL&RG rare mileage gone

rg479 July 02, 2006 10:16AM

Dennis July 02, 2006 07:15PM

earl July 03, 2006 11:33AM

Thanks Earl *NM*

Philip H. Walters July 03, 2006 11:43AM

t bone July 03, 2006 02:04PM

Re: SL&RG rare mileage IS NOT gone

PRSL July 04, 2006 09:20AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.