Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Silverton

October 30, 2005 10:30AM
Hello TB,
I would recommend taking the train both directions, specifically the early train to Silverton on the first day and the last train on the return trip the following day. This maximizes your stay in Silverton (...lots of things to do there) and allows you to see the canyon from different perspectives. I personally think the bus is pointless if you're not on a tight schedule. Check out the lodging venues listed on the Silverton Chamber of Commerce web page. My recommendation is Gerald Swanson's Villa DallaValle or the Wyman Hotel, both are B&Bs, reasonably priced and have very nice, comfortable rooms. If you prefer a motel, try the Triangle...not fancy but nice. Have fun in Silverton and the San Juans. I own property there and visit the community several times a year to drown myself in its rich history, to take advantage of the wonderful hiking opportunities, and to ski...and yes I'm a narrow gauge nut! My wife and I intend to become full-time Silvertonians when I retire in a few years. Life is good!
Subject Author Posted

Silverton *LINK*

T. Bones October 30, 2005 01:29AM

John McGlothlen October 30, 2005 10:30AM

Re: Silverton *LINK*

RGSW October 30, 2005 08:23PM

Re: Silverton *LINK*

T. Bones October 31, 2005 11:37AM

Hoss - The Wideload October 31, 2005 08:38PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.