Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Loop: New operator struggling to meet demand!

August 10, 2005 04:19PM
This is one of those things that can be interpreted either way depending upon whom you are talking with!
Looking at it from Railstar's perspective, I would say it's a vindication of their herculean efforts that they have employed in keeping up the tradition of a first class act in running the GTL!
Looking at it from the merchant's (and the anti-CHS faction), I would say that it is also a verification of the fears that many had over a year ago and that was that it would NOT be a "seamless transition" as was promised by the CHS representatives. Like it or not, there WAS going to be a decrease in ridership (and in tourist $$$) The promises were unrealistic and should never have been made.
Looking at it from the CHS's perspective, it's actually not going too badly! Yes, they had to spend some serious $$$ in order to get the #9 (and eventually the #74 and #111) up and running but in the long run they WILL be running! Also, the #60 and the #71 are possible candidates for restoration. After all, that IS what the CHS is supposed to be doing!
Yes, it could have been handled better with GTL Inc. but we learn from our mistakes and go on. Railstar has kept most of the promises that the CHS made and the ones that weren't will be forgotten in time. That's just the way it works in politics...
So, it really boils down to which side you are looking at this situation from. I have decided to look at it from Railstar's as I have been impressed with their dedication and professionalism. With that in mind I say, "Bravo Railstar!" (At least the Loop has an operable steamer running each day which is more than some railroads were able to say at the start of the season. That is not a slam on anyone! It's a tribute to Railstar's efforts.)
Subject Author Posted

Loop: New operator struggling to meet demand! *LINK* *PIC*

Chris Webster August 10, 2005 01:37PM

Steve Stockham August 10, 2005 04:19PM

Chris Webster August 10, 2005 05:38PM

David Mueller August 11, 2005 01:23PM

Steven Torrico August 11, 2005 04:37PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.