Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

current GTL

April 05, 2005 07:42PM
Well, that's not completely true. "GTL" also has 30 years of successful operation behind it, elbeit by a different contractor. I was a big supporter of the "old" Loop Railroad, but now things have changed and they WON'T CHANGE BACK, period. We can agree on that point, right? Now that Railstar is in (for better or worse) lets give them a chance. They've come much farther already than *most* regular readers thought they would before the END of the season. I guess the issue now is how far behind last year's ridership will they end up after the season is complete? Let's face it, they have a steam locomotive (yes, the have one!) which can't come close to pulling the tonage (even if they had the rolling stock) the "old" locos could handle. They have quality leadership with a proven 'track record.' Since like I said things have changed and they won't change back, let's slow down the complaining and let them do their job. Lucky for them; they have CHS on their side!?! Time will tell if CHS made a good decision. My opinion slants toward the negative on that point.
Subject Author Posted

Railstar's Peter Gores

Frederick G. Bailey April 05, 2005 04:58PM

Re: Railstar's Peter Gores

Rick Steele April 05, 2005 06:03PM

current GTL

M.R.Cooltrains April 05, 2005 07:42PM

Re: current GTL

Mike Stillwell April 06, 2005 05:58AM

Rick Steele April 06, 2005 07:30AM

KWilcomb April 06, 2005 01:29PM

steve stockham April 06, 2005 03:22PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.